Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it unusual to get more mb then paying for?

Options
  • 28-10-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

I am on an 8mb package (until fibre comes to my area)

for the last year its been slow horrible and ****e for gaming:pac: but i've dealth with it and not bothered really

but today I did a speed test and I am getting 10-11mb's
    thats at least 2-3 mbs over what im paying for

I am not complaining but seems as if I got a little upgrade to a 12mb package or something because even in my router settings its saying im getting about 12k kbps/640kbps, when only yesterday it said 8kkbps/540kbps

I have not recieved a phone call about this at all but can this happen? just seems a little too good to be true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 offmeheadpal

with eircom? they'be been upgrading the packages without saying much, there's no longer up to 8 and up to 24. there is now just up to 24, so you get a free upgrade if your line can handle it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

The profile on your line must have changed. As far as I'm aware eircom aren't doing upgrades.

I would check to make sure you're not being billed incorrectly when your bill arrives obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Mr. G wrote: »
    The profile on your line must have changed. As far as I'm aware eircom aren't doing upgrades.

I would check to make sure you're not being billed incorrectly when your bill arrives obviously.

rang eircom and bill is the same
    but they can't explain the rise in mb's
    unless the person I talked to did'nt know

but If they did upgrade I would of preferred to have been told first then had a surprised ha

with eircom? they'be been upgrading the packages without saying much, there's no longer up to 8 and up to 24. there is now just up to 24, so you get a free upgrade if your line can handle it.

my line can handle it easily
    as I've had it before but I only got upgraded(even though its unconfirmed from eircom and still don't know how I have it) to 12mb, so if its only up to 24 now then surely they may as well give the whole lot to me:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    rang eircom and bill is the same
    but they can't explain the rise in mb's
    unless the person I talked to did'nt know

but If they did upgrade I would of preferred to have been told first then had a surprised ha

They don't, You do realise that when you ring Eircom you are dealing with someone in a call center reading a script. Eircom have a forum on here, you should ask there, they can access your info and get you an answer.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

• Advertisement

smee again wrote: »
    They don't, You do realise that when you ring Eircom you are dealing with someone in a call center reading a script. Eircom have a forum on here, you should ask there, they can access your info and get you an answer.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

ya but if this is happeneing to everyone
    then it has to be apart of the script because getting rid of the 8mb package altogether then surely the staff at the call centres have to be informed of this
    but thanks anyway I shall ask their :)

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

as posted above, the eircom 8mb package is being scrapped, all adsl customer with eircom are being moved to upto 24mb package. there is no new contract. if your line is only able for 12mb then your profile will be set to 12mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

as posted above, the eircom 8mb package is being scrapped, all adsl customer with eircom are being moved to upto 24mb package. there is no new contract. if your line is only able for 12mb then your profile will be set to 12mb.

Does this apply to all customers on the NGB 8mg connection been upgraded to 24mg automatically ?? Am toying with switching to efibre which became available at the weekend but might wait til after Xmas when they have sorted out all the kinks of ordering online , installation , etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Does this apply to all customers on the NGB 8mg connection been upgraded to 24mg automatically ?? Am toying with switching to efibre which became available at the weekend but might wait til after Xmas when they have sorted out all the kinks of ordering online , installation , etc .

not all have been upgraded yet but yes they will be. but if your line can only take 8mb then your profile will be set to 8mb even though your package says upto 24mb

Advertisement