Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microphone buzzing

Options
  • 28-10-2013 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys

I bought a turtle beach px11 headset

There is weird static buzzing on the microphone. It's powered by USB.

When I touch the earphone jack there is a loud consistent buzzing, seems like some kind of grounding problem?

It work's fine on my laptop so I know It's not a issue with the headset, there isn't that buzzing when I touch the earphone jack either.

Have tried all the usual stuff but to no avail

Any help would be useful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

nuxxx wrote: »
    Hey guys

I bought a turtle beach px11 headset

There is weird static buzzing on the microphone. It's powered by USB.

When I touch the earphone jack there is a loud consistent buzzing, seems like some kind of grounding problem?

It work's fine on my laptop so I know It's not a issue with the headset, there isn't that buzzing when I touch the earphone jack either.

Have tried all the usual stuff but to no avail

Any help would be useful

if you touch the jack on any microphone you'll get buzzing. I presume the issue you are having is present when the set is plugged in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Interference into the USB. Hardware Issue. Im gonna assume you tried all the USBs and its the same.

Youll need to get the DAC external with something like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

ay yaysus that's pricey! Yeah I tried all the different USB ports. Pretty annoying problem as there's a constant output from the mic in programs like teamspeak and what not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Try a different power socket and unplug any chargers / transformers. You may find by a process of elimination that a cheap plug in power supply can give off a lot of interference

Also avoid things like DSL modems and even some energy saving bulbs or low voltage spots can cause noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

PC you could probably fiddle around but a laptop is way too tight packed to move components etc..

• Advertisement
Advertisement