Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inserting Facebook 'like' button code - new Child Theme header.php?

Options
  • 28-10-2013 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Wordpress Question, not sure if this is the correct forum - please redirect if necessary.

Hello,

I have created a Child Theme but all I have in it at present is a style.css file.

I am trying to embed Facebook ‘Like’ buttons in my site and to do so Facebook is telling me to

‘Include the JavaScript SDK on your page once, ideally right after the opening <body> tag.’

To do this do I :

• Go to the File Manager for my site on my hosting service control panel

• Copy the contents of my header. php file in my Parent Theme

• Create a new header.php file in my Child Theme Folder and paste the copied contents into this folder

• Then, in my wordpress dashboard editor, insert the code from facebook after the opening <body> tag in my new Child Theme header.php file ????

Novice afraid of destroying first website, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭Talisman

If you are a novice my advice would be to install a plugin such as Social Stickers rather than diving straight into hacking a child theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Maple77 wrote: »
    Novice afraid of destroying first website, cheers
    With a child theme you can't really destroy the website. If you copy a file from the parent them and then edit it and it doesn't work, simply delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Maple77

I'll check out that plugin. And good to hear that if I create a child folder and mess up I can just delete it. Thanks

Advertisement