Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ha

Options
  • 28-10-2013 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

HAVING REGRETS

Some things I wish I could delete, others not so much...

I wish I could delete those times when I was drunk and did or said something totally stupid.

But I am grateful I remember those times because I call on them constantly as a reminder when I get the feeling "one won't hurt".

I wish I could get back all that time that I wasted drinking and not living.

But I am grateful that I stopped when I did and that my life now stretches out before me full of hope and promise and I am glad that I can compare the two.

I wish I could delete every single drunken mistake or bad judgement I have ever made.

But I am grateful I have learnt by my mistakes and know in my head they will not ever be repeated again.

I wish I could erase the feeling of shame when I think of drunken incidences of the past.

But I am grateful that I am not longer that person but I have the compassion and experience to identify it in other people and understand insted of judging.

I wish I had had never had a drink problem.

I wish I could sometimes bury the dependant, sad, loathsome, depressed mess that I was.

But I am grateful for the happy, confident, worthwhile man that emerged from the mess....he may have been buried forever, I am so glad I found him again.

I regret the amount of money, time and effort I wasted on alcohol.

But I am grateful now for the quality of my life, the time I now spend with my family and the fact I am building good memories instead of not remembering at all.

At times I wish I could change the past...but sometimes the past changes you...

There comes a point when you're more important than your past.

Regrets are a waste of time. They're the past crippling you in the present.

As we grow older, it's not the things we did that we often regret, but the things we didn't do. That's why God created tomorrows for us it helps us to make things better.

:)

Advertisement