Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbourne mould - what to do

Options
  • 28-10-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi we've just moved into a bungalow in kildare, at first the house seemed dusty, and a little damp but after a week of opening windows, putting on heat and using a de-humidifier, the air still feels very dense. Its hard to breathe and leaving us feeling chesty, like a bad cold.

We figure it's airbourne mould. Has anyone any solutions? Would an air purifier be effective? Any help would be very much appreciated. i'm starting to get asthma attacks for the first time since I was a kid. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

All mould is airborne really.

If it has been unoccupied for a while and closed it takes a while to get the place going again. All the soft furnishing and carpets will contain what ever is in the air. AS you use them more and more dust etc... will be kicked up.

A good vacuum with a good filter will help. Air purifiers do help but a dehumidifier would do similar. If it is mould you should be seeing mould about. It would appear on wall, windows clothes etc...

If you can't see any the chances are it is just dust. I once moved down to the country and had a reaction to the animals in the area. It felt like it was the house but when I went to the doctor he said I wasn't used to being around farm animals. I was living in a housing estate but a few fields over there were sheep and cows.

It cleared up and then I never had a problem. Just another thought.

Advertisement