Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Works at Rush/Lusk Station.

Options
  • 28-10-2013 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Tweet from Fingal Co Co.

Apparently the weekend works on the Bridge are delayed, weather.

Short on detail, but I predict chaos, Tuesday getting out of Rush.

FingalCountyCouncil ‏@Fingalcoco 28 Oct
    Completion of roadworks at Rush/Lusk train station delayed due to bad weather. Will not finish tomorrow as expected.

This from Dublin Bus
    Dublin Bus wrote:
    Route 33 Diversion
    Friday, October 18, 2013
    Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that due to repair works being carried out on the bridge at Lusk/Rush Rail Station, Route 33 & 33a will be diverted from Tuesday 22nd October to Monday 28th October 2013. Details of the diversion are outlined below.

Route 33 Tuesday 22nd to Friday 25th 20:00hrs to 01:30hrs
    Buses will follow normal route to Lusk Rail Station then turn at the Rail Station heading back towards Lusk. At the roundabout towards Skerries turn right on to the Skerries Rd., continue along this Road, then turn right towards Loughshinny Crossroads and left back on to normal route. This diversion will be in operation in both directions.

Irish Rail will be providing a shuttle bus between the Rail Station and Loughshinny Cross. This will be operated by one bus and the frequency should be approximately every half hour.

Route 33 and 33a Saturday 26th to Wednesday afternoon 30th above diversion will be in place 24hrs a day.

These works are finishing later than planned due to storm damage at the works site.

Customers can also get updates on Facebook, follow us on Twitter @dublinbusnews or call our customer service line on (01) 8734222, lines open from 08:30 - 18:00hrs (Monday to Saturday excluding bank holidays).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I see the good people of Raheny/Effelstown/Ratharton have erected 'No Through Road' signage on Raheny Lane/Martin's Lane. No doubt they are sick of those of us using the unofficial diversion route! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

I see the good people of Raheny/Effelstown/Ratharton have erected 'No Through Road' signage on Raheny Lane/Martin's Lane. No doubt they are sick of those of us using the unofficial diversion route! :o

Someone in Rush, referred to this today, as '' Bob Martins lane'' ( I Think, )

Who was Bob Martin?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

martinn123 wrote: »
    Someone in Rush, referred to this today, as '' Bob Martins lane'' ( I Think, )

Who was Bob Martin?

World famous maker of Pet products.

I have never heard the first name in connection with the lane either, always Martin's Lane to me too. Was the lane named after the station master your relative or was it another Martin?

"John Martin's Lane" after the gentleman who used to live in the first house.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

"John Martin's Lane" after the gentleman who used to live in the first house.

Starting to go senile. Another one for Victor Map.

• Advertisement

According to the AA traffic news on Morning Ireland it will reopen tomorrow Wednesday at 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Both lanes back open...at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Anyone know the reason for the small orange poles that are on the path and road at the bridge now?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Its to stop people parking on the foothpath waiting to pick up people off the train

Anyone know the reason for the small orange poles that are on the path and road at the bridge now?
    The bridge is slightly wider than the road on the Rush side. It's not that noticeable when driving but the footpath moves out by 10-15cms. I think the reflective poles are there to encourage traffic to keep out from the kerb to prevent them from clipping the part where the road narrows. If you look closely at the poles, they are all placed in a line on the road but the last one is placed on the footpath to maintain a straight line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement