Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying For Maths

• 28-10-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm a Lc student studying higher level maths, and really want to do well in it. The only problem is however I have difficulties with regards to revision with the subject. At the moment I'm just going over the exam papers, but I find myself getting stuck on lots of problems which sort of hinders my pace.
    I try and use the marking schemes when this happens, but I cant find the schemes for the sample papers.
    Anyhow, I'm just wondering if any of you have any tips with how to study the subject?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

Take the questions you have problems with to your teacher? Alternatively, if there's someone in your class who consistently does well, try asking them for a hand with the question if you can overcome your pride. People ask me for help all the time - I oblige as it's basically free revision for me, generally filtering out the easy questions (which can be a waste of time). Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭TheBody

You can always ask for help on the maths forum too:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=380

• Registered Users Posts: 29 student111

I was actually considering dropping to OL maths as I knew I was going to fail my LC. But I decided to give a few grinds a go and see would I improve. I found a really good grinds teacher and started doing a few extra book questions everyday. The improvement in two months has been unbelievable! I'm now in the top 3 in my class and am far more confident regarding maths :D Try that method and I hope it works for you! Best of luck with everything! :)

Advertisement