Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned for asking a legit question.

Options
  • 28-10-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

HI, I was banned becasue of this post "my last post was closed and I asked why and I got this reply "The forum is not here to discuss welfare payments,more to help people to apply for same"

so here goes, My mates sister told me yesterday that she was getting a social welfare payment of €38 per month to feed her dog,

so what is the form number to apply for this payment and how do I apply for same

to the Mods, this is a legit question."

it was a legit question, I would never dream of trolling, ever, I think mp22 was very childish in banning me for asking a legit question and I want to appeal it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

also I asked it on the Limerick forum and was told to ask it on the state benefit forum by a mod so that is why I asked it. here is the link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057069950

still banned from social welfare thread, can a cmod have a look at this please here is the link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87222433

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've given the biz cmods a nudge on this one.

cheers. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Davy & I have picked this up. Please bear with us.

Beaver1 - have you sent a PM to the mod who banned you, in order to discuss the ban? This is the first step in the Dispute Resolution. I just want to ensure that you have taken this step.

• Advertisement

yes I have, I also told him I was going to appeal it and was told to "feel free"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'll just jump in and save us all a bit of time here.

You weren't banned for asking a question, you were banned for starting a spurious new thread rehashing the same issue after having been told this wasn't the forum to discuss whether someone is "taking the phiss" about what they are in receipt of.

That said, if you can say honestly that the subject of your question is applicable to your circumstances, then I'll lift your ban on the assumption that you've learned how not to start new threads when told by a mod not to.

I have never in my life trolled a site, I despise troll's, it was a legit question, I asked it on the Limerick forum first because that is were I live and was told by the Limerick forum mod to ask it on the revenue forum, which I did, I was told by my mate that his sister is in receipt of a payment for having a dog, I was told all she had to do was chip the dog and have a license and she got the payment, I don't have a dog but found it incredible that this payment was out there and that was why I asked the question,

both times it was a legit question, I wont post the question again but Im still none the wiser.

What are you none the wiser about?

You were told the following after your first thread was closed:
    The forum is not here to discuss welfare payments,more to help people to apply for same

You then re-ask the same question in a new thread, adding:
    Beaver1 wrote:
    so what is the form number to apply for this payment and how do I apply for same
    You've just admitted to not even owning a dog so clearly this was just a second attempt to discuss a state benefit not even relevant to you. I don't believe you were trolling, just ignoring the mod and rehashing your general question.

You're not helping your cause here if you can't see why there's an issue.

you said, What are you none the wiser about?

Im still none the wiser if that payment is there or not, does it matter if Im applying for it or not, Im sure if its there, there are people out there who would be interested in applying for it and as I said Ive been told that there is a person getting it already, that was the whole point of my question.

you said, The forum is not here to discuss welfare payments,more to help people to apply for same

but if that welfare payment was available I'm sure people with dogs would need help to apply for it, again that was the whole point of my question, to help people apply for same.

you said, You've just admitted to not even owning a dog so clearly this was just a second attempt to discuss a state benefit not even relevant to you. I don't believe you were trolling, just ignoring the mod and rehashing your general question.

so your saying I tried to discuss a state benefit not even relevent to me,

so if that state benefit is there and this forum is there to help people to apply for it, Im sure there are people out there that could apply for that benefit and would like to know about it, as you said above that is what this forum is about

You're not helping your cause here if you can't see why there's an issue

this is why I was banned

You have been banned
    Dear Beaver1,

You have been permanently banned from State Benefits for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

as you have already said you don't believe I was trolling, which I wasn't, i was asking a legit question.

• Advertisement

State benefits is not interested in "why is my mates sister getting an allowance for her dog?" threads. Accordingly yours was closed.

You then started another under the pretence that this rumoured benefit was relevant to you after the mod had told you this type of general questioning was verboten. I don't buy for a second you were posting in the interest of dog owners on welfare, only to satisfy your own incredulity. I do agree you weren't trolling, just ignoring mod instruction, which is why I offered to lift your ban.

However since you don't see any issue with ignoring a mod and inventing a spurious situation to re-ask your question I can hardly lift it now, can I?

ok its sounds like you've made your mind up,

your said I wasnt trolling but as I showed you, i was banned for trolling as per mp22 mail

Originally Posted by mp22
    Dear Beaver1,

You have been permanently banned from State Benefits for Trolling.

its not the end of the world, if I'm banned I'm banned, have a nice day.

Jeez, all you needed to do was acknowledge you'd acted out of line. Not trolling - just ignored mod instruction.

There's no helping some people.
    Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement