If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD Projector for PS4

Options
  • 28-10-2013 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a 1080 HD Projector for PS4 gaming.

Using a large white wall to project onto in a with dark curtains and can be quite dark with lights off.

3D not necessary, don't need to wall mount it or anything, will sit on table at back of room.

Basically just want something with brilliant visuals for gaming and no lag between pressing a button on the controller and it registering on screen.

Can you recommend a projector for 600 euro budget and 900 Euro budget please, +delivery to dublin/5 year guarantee.

Also could you recommend a Sound Bar to go with the set up, noise is a factor as I live in an apartment, but would like to see the options that I could run without p1ssing off the neighbours.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Flynner.

Can you let me know the size of the screen that you are looking for and the distance back from the screen that you need/want to mount the projector ?

The one that I would suggest would be the Optoma HD131. This was launched at £749 and is now £644.

This is a great projector and would work out at 785 Euro but I would need to check the throw distance for you.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/optoma/hd131xe/opto-hd131xe

There will always be a little lag for the projector to respond to the IR command, so I wouldn't expect it to be instant.

The 5 year on this would be 78 Euro with delivery at €14.99.

On the soundbar, are you looking to mount it on the wall, table and do you have any other features on the bar that you would like ?

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Well it's a sitting room wall, so the viewing area would be 10x6 maybe, can be bigger.

Wall to lens can be anything from 4 feet to 12 feet, it will either be on a table below the wall, or on a table 12 feet back, somewhat flexible when it comes to position.

With the soundbar, I want something like surround sound/5.1 for gaming, but without the disturbance to neighbours, kind of want sound effects from helicopters or whatever behind me etc. I suppose something with little bass as the vibrations would cause problems.

The sound isnt a deal breaker really, but would be nice.

Thanks for taking the time.

So to break it down:

Projector
                                                                                   /               \
                                                                                       Couch
                                                                                 /                    \
                                                                                      Soundbar
                                                                               \                       /
                                                                                        Wall               

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Thanks for the reply.

On the projector front : 

The 131 would be capable of producing a 92" screen if you are 10-12 feet back.

The only issue here is that if you don't have a screen then the Optoma 92" screen would be £119.95 / 145 €. This combined with the projector would essentially blow the budget.

If you don't need a screen then this would allow a few £'s for a soundbar.

Unfortunately surround sound soundbars are quite few and far between and the only one that I would suggest is the Yamaha YSP2200 which works brilliantly and is priced at £629.95 / €760.

If your budget is 900 Euro and you need a screen, projector and soundbar, then the only way around this that I can see is to not go for a 1080p projector. This kind of defeats the purpose as the PS4 is a 1080p device.

I would suggest : 

HD131
    Yamaha YAS101
    Optoma 92" Screen
    Delivery - €1150

I know this is above the budget but let me know what you make of this or if you would like a quote with a lesser specified projector.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Thanks Dave for your help and suggestions, very helpful. 

Sent a PM.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

flynner13 wrote: »
    Thanks Dave for your help and suggestions, very helpful. 

Sent a PM.
    Hi there,

Just let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Chris

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.