Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costs of studying abroad

Options
  • 28-10-2013 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

I'm considering taking a semester or year abroad for Law, what are the costs I need to consider? What are people's experience with the money they required?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Doug89

It's expensive enough, but if you already live away from home it's not THAT much more. Also depends on the country and city, ie cost of living and whether they have govt (aka cheap) student accom. Where were you thinking of going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

I haven't thought of any place in particular. There seems only to be 4 options directly for my course but I've heard there's a wider range of exchange schools. I'd love Washington, Paris or London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

We have great links with Paris for law. It's enormously expensive, but you can stay in the Irish College (great location, unbeatable cost for the location, might be a bit strict compared to what you're used to here).

http://www.centreculturelirlandais.com/modules/movie/scenes/home/index.php?fuseAction=historique&FUSEBOX_LANG=2

Go abroad. Go into debt. Whatever. You will regret not doing it. In my opinion.

I spent about the same, or maybe an extra €1000, as I would have had at home, when i did my year abroad. Bear in mind that was the celtic tiger era, and Ireland is cheaper relative to much of Europe, these days. But it depends on where you go.

Advertisement