Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo ideas?

Options
  • 28-10-2013 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Looking for something sort and simple to get tattooed on me maybe a phrase or picture of.. This would only be my second tatto.
    I want it to be about my mother / for my mother to show how much she means to me... Any ideas?????

Thanks in advance for any ideas..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

What does your mother like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Loveheart with MOM in it. Tis a classic for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭shy_boy

January wrote: »
    What does your mother like?

Wildlife!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

shy_boy wrote: »
    Wildlife!

Get a pawprint/hoofprint/feather of her favourite animal?

If she has a phrase she commonly says you could get it in a nice font? Or word something important you've learnt off her?

The simplest idea would be her birthday in roman numerals maybe?

Or incorporate a hobby/past time into it. Check out some flash sheets/cards/prints in local tattoo shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 K.r.a.t.o.S

Something you share in common....so it means something to you aswell....and shows you value the time spent together sharing that interest. ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I don't mean to be harsh at all, but if you want it to show how much she means to you, I really think you should come up with an idea yourself.

Think about what she likes, what you like, things you love about her, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi OP, I was in the same situation. I wanted to get a tattoo for my Mom because she is still alive and will get to see it. A few mates got theirs done when their Mom passed and said they wished they had done it sooner.

Anyway, My initials and her initials are SD, I was born in 88 and she was born in 61. I got an infinity symbol with SD on one side and 6188 on the other side. I like the way the numbers look completely random to people but I know what it means, thats why I didnt use a space or a "date". And of course the infinity symbol means a mothers love is never ending. I doesnt have any colour in it just some pretty cool shading. It is my favourite tattoo.

My Mom loved it and she hates tattoos :D Will try and post a pic later today, in work at the mo

Advertisement