Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble configuring new modem router - Magnet ISP

• 28-10-2013 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi all,

Was hoping you could help me. Just picked up an Asus DSL-N55U but I'm having trouble configuring it to work with my ISP which is Magnet.

The router that Magnet initially provided has worked fine up until now (though we have issues with device restrictions and it has been quite slow but it works) and now the new router won't work at all.

We plugged it in. It's possible to wirelessly connect to the configuration page of the router but it's reporting that the 'telephone cable is not plugged in'... yet the ADSL light on the router is solid on.

We have tried some of the settings recommended on magnets website to no avail.

Not sure what the issue is, can't seem to find much info online about it. Anyone have any experience of this or any ideas on what to do? Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

are you on normal magnet broadband or the FatPipe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

lotas wrote: »
    are you on normal magnet broadband or the FatPipe?

Normal. It's Magnet Force Max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

What's the make & model number of the Magnet router - are you definitely ADSL or somewhere where Magnet provides their own fibre network (not eircom's efibre)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

ZyXEL P-660HN-T1A
    That's the magnet router

Fairly certain we're not fibre

Advertisement