Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call in radio show, local Wicklow, early 90s (prank callers)?

• 29-10-2013 4:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭

Bit of a long shot here but I used to spend the occasional weekend down in Wicklow in the early 90's. I'd have my trusty walkman with me and I'd sometimes spend the nights (say 10pm onwards) listening to local radio shows from the area.

There was one particular show (I'm almost certain it was on a weekend day, prob Saturday) that caught my attention and seemed to be a sort of "FM 104 Call in and complain" type format.

The DJ was trying his best but whoever this guy was he seemed to get A LOT of crank callers on his show. The whole thing seemed to mainly be young kids ringing up and insulting/winding-up the DJ.

There was some running joke (that I didn't really understand) with guys ringing in and using the phrase "FA Cup head". For some reason that phrase sticks in my head to this day. The DJ usually lost it whenever someone used this phrase.

Again, the whole memory is vague. But if someone has a clue what it was I'd be grateful to know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Bit of a long shot here but I used to spend the occasional weekend down in Wicklow in the early 90's. I'd have my trusty walkman with me and I'd sometimes spend the nights (say 10pm onwards) listening to local radio shows from the area.

There was one particular show (I'm almost certain it was on a weekend day, prob Saturday) that caught my attention and seemed to be a sort of "FM 104 Call in and complain" type format.

The DJ was trying his best but whoever this guy was he seemed to get A LOT of crank callers on his show. The whole thing seemed to mainly be young kids ringing up and insulting/winding-up the DJ.

There was some running joke (that I didn't really understand) with guys ringing in and using the phrase "FA Cup head". For some reason that phrase sticks in my head to this day. The DJ usually lost it whenever someone used this phrase.

Again, the whole memory is vague. But if someone has a clue what it was I'd be grateful to know.
    big ears

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sapphire3

I cannot remember the show you are talking about, it wouldn't be "Uncle Bob's" radio show, would it?.

Advertisement