Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Santa for under 4s?

Options
  • 29-10-2013 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

as the title says Dublin and within 2 hours drive max please, was very disappointed by Rathwood a few years back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

The Santa in Arnotts. He has a real white beard!!! Brought both my kids to him and he is lovely. Last year got a photo of my daughter with him and they put it in a snow globe. She still has beside her bed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We brought the to Clonfert pet farm last year (1 and 3) and they loved it and I was told that it was the real santa but the santa in playschool was only a man dressed up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I never heard of that Santa Moonbeam. Was it expensive? And where exactly is it? I'd like to do something new this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

clonfert is in meath/kildare …. if you go along the N4 - take the exit for kilcock/clane…. head towards clane and signposts for clonfert farm are on the side of the road.

http://www.clonfertpetfarm.com

if you are interested in going to Cork …. www.rumleysfarm.ie also do a great santa (took all my nephews/nieces and their parents …about 14 of us..to visit last year).

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

We went to Santa's Playland in the Ambassador last year. My 2 year old loved it. There's a few bouncy castles before you meet the man himself. And santa was very chatty and in no rush to get rid of us. I'm hoping it's open again this year.

http://entertainment.ie/pages/familyfun/details.asp?ID=93367

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think it was about a fiver each for them and they had great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Rathwood was meant to be brill last year.
    I have nothing but great reviews about it.

Glendeer pet farm , Athlone is also meant to be good.

We went to Tattersalls in Fairyhouse. It was good. Santa was lovely not rushed and plenty to occupy the kiddies before heading into the man in Red

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Went to newbridge house last year, the elves bring you up to see santa on your own in the house, its great. The house is lovely and very festive.

Christmas eve, you see the reindeer and santa comes down to visit them- thats free

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

cassid wrote: »
    Went to newbridge house last year, the elves bring you up to see santa on your own in the house, its great. The house is lovely and very festive.

Christmas eve, you see the reindeer and santa comes down to visit them- thats free

I would second Newbridge House. We did that last year and are going again this year. My children are 3.5 and 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

If it's the santa you are after, I don't know, but if it is the experience you are after, I can wholeheartedly reccomend Santa's magical trail at the clannard court hotel in Athy. It was superb, they decorate rooms in the hotel, they have a pet farm, golf carts, bouncy castles, a snow room, santa, face painting, and hot chocolate served by snow white in her cabin. It's absolutely brilliant, 2 hours and it felt like 2 minutes, it really was magical. We've been to Rathwood twice, and no way I am spending crazy money again for a 5 minute train ride to sit in a cold garden shed for an hour waiting for 5 minutes with Santa.

• Advertisement
Advertisement