Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short haired German Pointer V Wire

• 29-10-2013 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi. I'm looking to get a German Pointer as a pet. I have grown up with these as my dad used to hunt and would love one as a pet as I'd be very active. I'm wondering what the difference is really if any between both? I love the look of both but have only ever had Short haired and would love a wire haired.
    I know they are hard work as they have so much energy but won't settle for any other dog unless it was a mix wire hair / springer or something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

kc83 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm looking to get a German Pointer as a pet. I have grown up with these as my dad used to hunt and would love one as a pet as I'd be very active. I'm wondering what the difference is really if any between both? I love the look of both but have only ever had Short haired and would love a wire haired.
    I know they are hard work as they have so much energy but won't settle for any other dog unless it was a mix wire hair / springer or something.

The GWP is a larger, stronger dog then the GSP. It tends to be sharper in personality too. It's coat would need more attention with dead coat being stripped out regularly.

They are both very active breeds with great personalities. They need an awful lot of exercise.

I love wire coated breeds myself & have Spinoni & Border Terriers.

Advertisement