Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting billed for old Internet subscription after upgrading to eFibre

Options
  • 29-10-2013 10:22am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got a bill out at the end of last week for €50; €25 for a missed bill last month (that I never received, but whatever...) and €25 for this month. This was the cost of my old internet subscription.

Last month, I upgraded to eFibre, so now I'm worried that Eircom didn't update their files. At best, I'm hoping it's just I'm paying less than I should be, in which case I should probably keep quiet :P But my worry is that as well as the old bill, I'll be getting a bill for €40 as well, which was what I agreed to pay for my new eFibre subscription. In other words, when I switched over to eFibre, I'm worried Eircom didn't change my billing details, cancel the old subscription and update it with the new one.

Is there any chance someone could check into my account profile if I PM my details to them, and tell me why I got a bill for €25 and what I should expect with regards my eFibre bill?

(And this is also glossing over the fact I was told last month I'd be getting a free month's credit for efibre after a fiasco getting it installed and set up. So it's frustrating that not only did I get a bill out this month, it's a bill that has the wrong details...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I got a bill out at the end of last week for €50; €25 for a missed bill last month (that I never received, but whatever...) and €25 for this month. This was the cost of my old internet subscription.

Last month, I upgraded to eFibre, so now I'm worried that Eircom didn't update their files. At best, I'm hoping it's just I'm paying less than I should be, in which case I should probably keep quiet :P But my worry is that as well as the old bill, I'll be getting a bill for €40 as well, which was what I agreed to pay for my new eFibre subscription. In other words, when I switched over to eFibre, I'm worried Eircom didn't change my billing details, cancel the old subscription and update it with the new one.

Is there any chance someone could check into my account profile if I PM my details to them, and tell me why I got a bill for €25 and what I should expect with regards my eFibre bill?

(And this is also glossing over the fact I was told last month I'd be getting a free month's credit for efibre after a fiasco getting it installed and set up. So it's frustrating that not only did I get a bill out this month, it's a bill that has the wrong details...)
    Hi Teamshadowclan

Please PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PM sent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

PM sent :)

Hi Teamshadowclan

Many thanks for the details, I’m having this looked into and as soon as I have more information I'll let you know right away.

In the meantime could you please PM me your mobile number in the case of where I would need to contact you?

Thanks

Al

Hey, I was just wondering if there'd been any updates on this? I sent my number when you asked, and was hoping it would get cleared up as quickly as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hey, I was just wondering if there'd been any updates on this? I sent my number when you asked, and was hoping it would get cleared up as quickly as possible.
    Hi Teamshadowclan
    I have raised this with the local technical team manager in your area and have asked for tech visit as soon as possible. I hope I can advise of a time frame later today.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Wait, what? Why do I need a tech visit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Wait, what? Why do I need a tech visit?
    Opps, sorry Teamshadowclan, wrong response, this was for another query...
    I can see how that "could" be confusing.. :eek:

Actually I was unable to find your PM.. When did you PM Alan? Can you PM me and I can chase again, and get back with correct reply...
    Tony

I sent the PMs pretty much as soon as the requests were put in for my details, so my account details were sent to Alan on Tuesday and my phone number was on Wednesday.

I'll send them on to you too now.

Just wondering if any progress was made on this? It's been a week since I raised the concern and had been hoping to wrap this up quicker than that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Just wondering if any progress was made on this? It's been a week since I raised the concern and had been hoping to wrap this up quicker than that...
    Hi Teamshadowclan

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you I sent you a PM there.

Mark

• Advertisement

Hey again,

I know that the situation is being looked into and we've discussed it via PM, but I just wanted to post something in lieu of an update...

I got my first eFibre bill this morning. I noticed that on it, my account number is different to the one that use to come out on bills, and that instead of "Business", it's down as "Residential".

I'm also really confused by the layout of the bill....

It says Plans and Addons is for eFibre Advanced at €40.00 a month, but then only has €32.52 listed as the cost of the plan; this amount is also then credited further down the bill, as was discussed with Eircom before. However it also lists under "Services Charges" that €45.53 is listed for...

"Part Period Charges and Credits
    Monthly Charge for eFibre Advanced (Unlimited) - €45.53"

What is this and why is it under "Service Charges" and no "Plans and Add-ons". I worry it looks like it's seperate and that next month, I could be hit for both the plan and this service charge for €77, which is way over what I agreed to pay per month for it. I also worry that it feels like this has been established as a new account, but that goes back to what you have said you're looking in to, in terms of being billed for my old subscription and my new one. Still wanted to let you guys know though that I've got two account numbers now for some reason....

EDIT: So looking at the billing and trying to understand it, would it be that the "PArt Period Charges" bit is my bill for what I've used so far, and then the "Plans and Addons" is for the next month? And the credit is for the bill due for the month in advance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hey again,

I know that the situation is being looked into and we've discussed it via PM, but I just wanted to post something in lieu of an update...

I got my first eFibre bill this morning. I noticed that on it, my account number is different to the one that use to come out on bills, and that instead of "Business", it's down as "Residential".

I'm also really confused by the layout of the bill....

It says Plans and Addons is for eFibre Advanced at €40.00 a month, but then only has €32.52 listed as the cost of the plan; this amount is also then credited further down the bill, as was discussed with Eircom before. However it also lists under "Services Charges" that €45.53 is listed for...

"Part Period Charges and Credits
    Monthly Charge for eFibre Advanced (Unlimited) - €45.53"

What is this and why is it under "Service Charges" and no "Plans and Add-ons". I worry it looks like it's seperate and that next month, I could be hit for both the plan and this service charge for €77, which is way over what I agreed to pay per month for it. I also worry that it feels like this has been established as a new account, but that goes back to what you have said you're looking in to, in terms of being billed for my old subscription and my new one. Still wanted to let you guys know though that I've got two account numbers now for some reason....

EDIT: So looking at the billing and trying to understand it, would it be that the "PArt Period Charges" bit is my bill for what I've used so far, and then the "Plans and Addons" is for the next month? And the credit is for the bill due for the month in advance?
    Hi Teamshadowclan

I will look into this and get back to you later via private message.

Mark

Advertisement