Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 5 won't charge while switched on?!

• 29-10-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Since yesterday, my iphone 5 will only charge while powered off. Anyone ever experience this problem?

When the battery is dead and I insert the charger it seems to charge ok up until it automatically switches itself back on and then stops charging, meaning I have to manually switch it back off in order to get a substantial charge.

I'm no tech expert but I presume it's a software problem if the charger works while the phone's powered off. Any ideas?

Cheers.

*Note: I'm still using iOS6*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Had the same problem a few weeks ago. You need to get it replaced. Go through apple for the quickest turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

guil wrote: »
    Had the same problem a few weeks ago. You need to get it replaced. Go through apple for the quickest turnaround.

I've this with my iPad now, did you post to Belfast or go up with it to them

Dan82 wrote: »
    I've this with my iPad now, did you post to Belfast or go up with it to them

You can do either. Make an appointment and bring it to Belfast or else ring apple support and they will send a box and prepaid ups envelope to send it back to them in the uk.

You can do either. Make an appointment and bring it to Belfast or else ring apple support and they will send a box and prepaid ups envelope to send it back to them in the uk.

Will it be gone for a long period?

Dan82 wrote: »
    Will it be gone for a long period?

Usually back the same day the following week. I've replied on your thread.

• Advertisement

Usually back the same day the following week. I've replied on your thread.

They have offered me to buy apple care for 79 euro and they will have a new replacement device out within 2/3 business days, cost I don't want to pay but it's cheaper than traveling around and going to Belfast with it and at least it's covered if it happened again

It's 69 euro if it was an iPhone

Advertisement