Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is the most hated team in Ireland?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

For the record I hate all Turkish teams, international and clubs. The Cascarino incident did it for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Within the RoI, I think it is Rovers, hands down. An unpleasant bunch of fans and I would put their trip to Belfast recently as proof of this.

I don't have any great dislike towards any group of international fans. Like NI fans, great songs and atmosphere in Windsor Park, from what I have seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

On International front it would be

Northern Ireland
    Turkey
    USA
    Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

USA and Australia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

kryogen wrote: »
    USA and Australia?

Was wondering the same myself. Always found them to be a breath of intercontinental fresh air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

kryogen wrote: »
    USA and Australia?

Yes you read right.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Was wondering the same myself. Always found them to be a breath of intercontinental fresh air.

Breath of fresh air? how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Breath of fresh air? how?

Cos I only really see them in top competition quadrennially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

CSF wrote: »
    No they're Welsh, don't be silly. Your arguments are getting awfully boring.
    RE Cardiff
    Actually to be pedantic according to UEFA they are English. When they play in Europe Welsh flags are discouraged from being flown in the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

For me:

Ireland: Rovers, Dundalk, Shels, Derry.
    Britain: Chelsea, Milwall, MK Dons, Rangers, Non-Glasgow Based Celtic Fans.
    Austria: RB Salzberg
    Germany: Hamberg, Schalke, Bayern
    Italy: Lazio, Juventus

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dublinbhoy88

Madworld wrote: »
    For me:

non Glasgow based Celtic fans.. Weird one that

non Glasgow based Celtic fans.. Weird one that

Without getting into one of these daft barstooler debates, a significantly large percentage of their fans I've met from Dublin, and other parts of Scotland have been muppets of the highest order.

The majority of Celtic fans I've met from the city itself, have been decent enough skins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

For me:

Do you support St.Pauli oder Borussia Dortmund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

For me:

Derry? Thought that was a strange one.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Do you support St.Pauli oder Borussia Dortmund?

Yeah, I've always had a soft spot for both teams.
    Derry? Thought that was a strange one.

Mainly due to the fact I've never had a pleasant experience up in the Brandywell. First time I was up there, the window of our bus was done in.
    Second time, I had the pleasure of witnessing Brandywell "stewarding".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Mainly due to the fact I've never had a pleasant experience up in the Brandywell. First time I was up there, the window of our bus was done in.
    Second time, I had the pleasure of witnessing Brandywell "stewarding".

I have had nothing but positive encounters with them so that probably biases me. The guys that will travel away games to Galway are not usually the type that would target away fans or behave like dicks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dublinbhoy88

Without getting into one of these daft barstooler debates, a significantly large percentage of their fans I've met from Dublin, and other parts of Scotland have been muppets of the highest order.

The majority of Celtic fans I've met from the city itself, have been decent enough skins.
    you must be King of the Muppets if you have such a simplistic narrow minded attitude like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I have had nothing but positive encounters with them so that probably biases me. The guys that will travel away games to Galway are not usually the type that would target away fans or behave like dicks.

Same here, I found the Brandywell particularly good both times we went there (Wexford).

I'm surprised Limerick isn't getting more of a shout in Ireland, but maybe it's just us. Also Sporting Fingal were probably up there when they were still around.

Advertisement