Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod implying im a racist

Options
  • 29-10-2013 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Hi i got banned for one week by Captain Havoc on the Kilkenny City & County forum as i made i comment on a thread where the Roma gypsies were being discussed. He has wrongly accused me of being racist, as long as i have been a member of this website have i never said anything racist nor have i said anything that have me come across as racist. I merely pointed out that some elements of the Roma community are involved in child trafficking this is no lie its a fact. I didnt link any article or page to back up my point i suggested if one would like to get the facts that they can find out freely on the web the full extent to the problem of child trafficking in the said community. I also did say that it wasnt only the Roma community that were involved that others were involved but Captain Havoc as usual just jumps in with threats of bans and infractions.

I would like to have this looked at by another more senior mod as Captain Havoc is not one for dealing in common sense. And for what its worth another poster mentions in reference to my post that he didnt see it being racist maybe a bit blunt but not racist. I am not a racist i never have been and i dont take kindly to some mod calling me a racist.

Hopefully common sense will prevail here and i will have my so called racist ban removed and the mod in question is trained how to deal with people and not call people a racist just off the whim.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This is fairly clear-cut, so I'll dispense with the usual formalities of suggesting that you PM the mod to discuss further.

Your ban was for Ignoring Mod Instruction - not making a racist comment.

Ban upheld.

You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

The mods instruction was unwarranted and based on his poor judgement. I should of known there would be nothing to gain from this.

So, maybe you can explain to me what has changed since this post?
    S28382 wrote: »
    Ban me all you want havoc I won't loose any sleep over it I'm not going to link a single thing just because some one else is not bothered to look for something themselves.

Your very quick off the mark with threats of bans and infractions when there is no need. I did not abuse no one nor was I aiming to be what you would call racist.

So you can either ban me or stop with your unwarranted threats you seem to put your mod hat on very aggressively I see you don't do nicey nice.

From my perspective there are a couple of points...
    You argued with a mod on-thread - against the site guidelines.
    You made a provocative request seeking a ban.
    Overall, you were dragging the thread off-topic.

While the mod may have initially said that they would ban you for racism (within their rights given your initial statement that "child trafficking is rife amongst the Roma people") - ultimately you were banned for Ignoring Mod Instruction (which covers arguing with a Mod on-thread).

Again, ban upheld. You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

So a mod has free reign to call some one racist and arguing with a mod is against the rules, so basically its the mods Vs the poster sure thats not really fair now is it. You can make public all my private mails it still doesnt take away from the fact that Captain Havoc was out of order calling me a racist.

This forum is a tool for posters to dispute sanctions applied by moderators. This has already been discussed & I have explained the actual reason for your ban, & stated I agree with it.

This forum is not for discussion about other moderator actions. Those should be dealt with via PM with the Cat Mods (in this instance myself or Mr Magnolia) or in Feedback.

However, I will say that Captain Havoc did not call you a racist - let's be clear about that. He asked you to back up your statement that "child trafficking is rife amongst the Roma people." He perceived the statement to be racist as it is a gross generalisation. There is a difference.

I have given my ruling on your ban & will now request that an Admin review this.

• Advertisement

I wasnt being racist and there is no talking to Captain Havoc i presumed being a mod was to be fair and have some common sense when it comes to interpreting what a poster has posted with him this is clearly not the case.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You've been told that the ban was for ignoring a moderator instruction. The ban is upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement