Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Restoration

Options
  • 29-10-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Is there anyone in Donegal doing Book Restoration/Repair?

I just bought some second-hand books with covers detached, etc. And, in one case, some pages are loose.

Is there anyone local who fixes these things? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No idea myself but maybe ask at the local library or perhaps give Donegal Printing Company at the Mountain Top a shout. They might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dan Wesson

There is a second hand bookshop in ballybofey below the bank of Ireland and they have a man who comes in a few days a week and does work on some of the old hardbacks.He served his time as a book binder.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

muffler wrote: »
    the local library
    Dan Wesson wrote: »
    second hand bookshop in ballybofey

Excellent! Thank you both very much for those leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sakdolan

When I lived in Monaghan, I had to bring mine all the way down to JFK in Galway. I know its time consuming but its well worth thinking long and hard about what type of binding and ocver you want. I had some work out super and some I would do differently again. You'll know what to pick when you see the styles on-line. If you want me to post or PM examples, let me know.

P.S. Well done on giving new life to the books... someone after my own heart :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

sakdolan wrote: »
    When I lived in Monaghan, I had to bring mine all the way down to JFK in Galway. I know its time consuming but its well worth thinking long and hard about what type of binding and ocver you want. I had some work out super and some I would do differently again. You'll know what to pick when you see the styles on-line. If you want me to post or PM examples, let me know.

P.S. Well done on giving new life to the books... someone after my own heart :-)

Actually, I have family in Athenry so I'll be down in Galway again before Christmas. I'll have a look at their website now, and - if I can't get it done in Ballybofey - I'll ask you for more info. Thank you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement