Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN an iPad Mini thanks to Electric Ireland's Powering Kindness Week!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Alice162

My mother (who is staying with us for a couple of weeks) having all my housework done when I arrived home from work every day last week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Trev De rev

My wife is in hospital recovering from a operation at the moment. I spent all day friday waiting for her to have the operation. Our daughter was in the babysiters for the day and the mother inlaw was to collect her and put her to bed for me. When i arrived at home i found the mother inlaw had done all the house work for me that i was to do over the weekend and a hot meal waiting for me. so now i had more time to spend with my daughter and house is all clean for my wife when she gets home.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Minatauro

visited a friend who i had not seen in ages. As i was leaving his mother gave me a huge bag of goodies to take home to the family. :D delighted mmmm thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 ThisIsMichu

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today in town I saw a homeless man had built a little enclousure for him self. I realise my deed was me being vulnerable but he was homeless. I brought him into dunnes and bought him [/font][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]groceries[/font][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] like fresh fruit and vegetables  Bread biscuits ect hopefully to last him a week or two and paid for him to stay in a shelter for a week. Spent a good hour and half getting to know him and chatting away. Will hopefully meet up with him again if i see him.[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]This is not about me but is about my dad.  He crashed one night a good few years ago coming home from playing cards or something, absolutely dead quiet country road no-one about, it was concluded that he must just have fallen asleep at the wheel.  He doesn’t drink but he’s still always in the Pubs and likes to be out and about with people all the time even though he doesn’t take a drink.  He was fine after it after getting checked over.  The car was badly banged up though.  [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]He actually crashed outside our local National School and we went to School as normal the following morning not knowing anything about this.  I knew deep down it was our car but told myself that Dad was at home in bed.  But to come back to the Location of the Crash, middle-of-the-night, dark, a quiet country-road, with no-one about, he remembers a man looking after him and calling an Ambulance for him.  [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]But that’s as far as it goes, he doesn’t remember anything else, he doesn’t remember who the guy who helped him was, if he knew him, if the guy knew Dad, or if he was a stranger passing-by.  Actually we’ve no idea of a time-frame either, Dad could have been out cold for quite some time, plus it could have been for longer if it wasn’t for this man.   [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Plus also, if it was somebody else, they could have gotten away with driving on not bothering to stop to help at all. To this day we still don’t know who this kind man was so Thank You! : ) [/font]

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement