Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possession of fireworks help please

Options
  • 29-10-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Caught with a firework, (1 squealer) , got arrested, fined a sum of money and summoned to appear in court,. Wondering what punishment I'm looking at. Help please. Officer claimed he just saw me trow a banger, in which I didn't, help please .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

probably probation report …. maybe another fine.

all depends on your character …any previous ? (are you a scumbag or not)

take this as a warning …and learn that doing stuff thats illegal will ruin you - if the court decides to convict you instead of probation act then you will have difficulty ever travelling to USA (and must also declare any convictions if asked for job interviews etc)

to be honest the quantity doesn't matter that much …if you have 1000 fireworks or 1 …they are still illegal in this country and it only takes one to seriously harm or even kill someone (if something really goes wrong…. yes its a real worst case scenario here) …but to be honest …now is your chance to stop being a child and grow up….fireworks are extremely dangerous when not operated properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

I had an (almost) uncontrollable urge to grab a teenager by the scruff of the neck last night in the area around the SCR and GCD and tell him to cop on. Unfortunately that would have probably ended up with me being the one explaining my actions to the guards.

I'm confused by you being fined a sum of money though, the guard fined you on the spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,749 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This post has been deleted.

Maybe its a litter fine. He threw the banger that he shouldn't have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have a chat with a solicitor that regularly works in that court.
    conor2ka wrote: »
    fined a sum of money
    Do you mean you had to pay cash bail?

• Advertisement
Advertisement