Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 4 won't charge

• 29-10-2013 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Since last night my ipad4 won't charge, has anyone else had this issue, only have 20 percent battery left, need for work, apple say bring to Belfast but next genius appointment is Sunday evening, and I really need it for this weeks work,

I've reboot the iPad
    I've reset up as new iPad

Nothing has help

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Dan82 wrote: »
    Since last night my ipad4 won't charge, has anyone else had this issue, only have 20 percent battery left, need for work, apple say bring to Belfast but next genius appointment is Sunday evening, and I really need it for this weeks work,

I've reboot the iPad
    I've reset up as new iPad

Nothing has help

Hope someone can help

Cheers
    apple offer an express replacement on iPhones. You ring apple support and give credit card details and they place a hold of around €500 On the card, they send out a replacement with a courier and when they receive your faulty one back they take the hold off the card.
    Ring them and ask is it available with an ipad

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

guil wrote: »
    apple offer an express replacement on iPhones. You ring apple support and give credit card details and they place a hold of around €500 On the card, they send out a replacement with a courier and when they receive your faulty one back they take the hold off the card.
    Ring them and ask is it available with an ipad

They have offered me to buy apple care for 79 euro and they will have a new replacement device out within 2/3 business days, cost I don't want to pay but it's cheaper than traveling around and going to Belfast with it and at least it's covered if it happened again

It's 69 euro if it was an iPhone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just as an FYI, you can still get apple to replace it without buying apple care+. It costs €29 and whatever hold they put on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Did you check charger?

JamboMac wrote: »
    Did you check charger?

Yes charger working, charging iPhone perfect,

My iPad is 128 g so it's a crazy amount they want to put in card, at least with apple care plus I'm covered if happens again and only take 2/3 working days not 7 the other way

• Advertisement

My iPad is 128 g so it's a crazy amount they want to put in card, at least with apple care plus I'm covered if happens again and only take 2/3 working days not 7 the other way

They don't have my iPad online anymore (ipad4) I just hope they don't send me this iPad air instead, I like shape and weight of what I have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

If charging through a computer there won't be enough power for the iPad, so just because it can charge an iPhone doesn't mean it's capable of charging iPad.

If it's plugged into socket it could still be a faulty charger, see if somebody has a lend maybe or maybe a store that sell iPad products could test it for you.

Unless you dropped I doubt it's the iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

They don't have my iPad online anymore (ipad4) I just hope they don't send me this iPad air instead, I like shape and weight of what I have

Don't worry they definitely will not do that. They will have plenty of iPad 4 refurbs kept to replace faulty ones such as yours if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 navag

Try turning the brightness of the ipad down low and then plug it in and see if it charges

Advertisement