Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Futures, enormous trouble with contract, stopping me from getting a job!

Options
  • 29-10-2013 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am currently coming to the end of a contract done through Computer Futures. The company I work for want to keep me on, but don't want to go through computer futures (budget issues). Now computer futures are saying that in order for the company to hire me they want 21,000, effectively barring the company from hiring me.

Has anyone came up against this crap? Computer futures have profited greatly from my work since January and are now barring me from getting more work over money they will never see!

And here's me thinking that there would be some gratitude for the money I have been making them while they sat on their holes.. AND here's me thinking they were in the business of finding people work. Let people be warned when a recruiter says thay it's a contract and there 'may be a chance of a permanent position' at the end of it, it will be contingent on the company paying the recruitment agency an exorbitant amount of money..

I would love to know if anyone has came up against this before??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,887 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's totally normal that if a recruiter's client wants to hire you directly, then the client has to pay a finders fee. All recruitment companies have this clause in their contracts - though 21k sounds quite steep.

This particular recruiter is not stopping you from getting a job, they are just restricting the one company from hiriing you,.

It's not your problem: if the company really want to hire you, they will find a way to either pay the fee, or negotiate an alternative with the recruiter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

You signed a contract that has a normal restrictive practices clause in it and now you are being required to honor that contract. There is nothing new in that, it is how contracting works. No one is stopping you from finding a position with another company but perhaps this time a permanent position might suit you better.

Advertisement