If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42 - 47 inch TV Request

Options
  • 29-10-2013 2:15pm

Hi. I was on here around the same time last year looking for a TV but didnt end up getting one.

My sister ended up giving me her 42" Sony TV and I was delighted.

After having it now for a year or so i would like to get a new TV.

The one i have at the moment doesn't have the best sound and even though its full HD the picture can be quite cloudy (thats the best way I can describe it) even if I'm watching a Blu Ray. This the TV I have currently - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0095UDITQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mainly use it for gaming and sports.

Sports is the main problem. I have UPC HD (not the best HD in the world) but when a player runs or anything the picture can get very blocky (again cant think of a better word to describe it). 

So yeah the main things I would use the TV for is watching sports and gaming.

Looking for a 42" or 47" TV

Id probably have a budget up to e1000 but if theres anything cheaper that would fulfill my needs that would be great.

Would need delivery to Dublin as well.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi. I was on here around the same time last year looking for a TV but didnt end up getting one.

My sister ended up giving me her 42" Sony TV and I was delighted.

After having it now for a year or so i would like to get a new TV.

The one i have at the moment doesn't have the best sound and even though its full HD the picture can be quite cloudy (thats the best way I can describe it) even if I'm watching a Blu Ray. This the TV I have currently - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0095UDITQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mainly use it for gaming and sports.

Sports is the main problem. I have UPC HD (not the best HD in the world) but when a player runs or anything the picture can get very blocky (again cant think of a better word to describe it). 

So yeah the main things I would use the TV for is watching sports and gaming.

Looking for a 42" or 47" TV

Id probably have a budget up to e1000 but if theres anything cheaper that would fulfill my needs that would be great.

Would need delivery to Dublin as well.

Thanks
    Hi Cactus,

Thanks for getting back to us :)  A new TV is always nice.  Hopefully we can get you sorted.

Know exactly what you means with your descriptions, motion blur can be a right pain sometimes.   Got a great TV in mind that'll cure all your problems :)

For a 42" check out the LG 42 LA690V.  Great TV with 400HZ processing so that'll clear all the motion blur up for you.  Current price on this screen is £739.90 / €902.31 inc delivery.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42la690v/lg-42la690v

The 47" version is also available at just £889.90 / €1,085.24 inc delivery.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Ill have a look into it and get back to you.

Cheers

Hi Chris

Are both the TVs definitely 400HZ?

I'm not a big tech head myself but a few websites say that both TVs are only 100HZ.

I looked into it a bit further and some sites are saying that LG rate it in Motion Clarity Index (MCI) terms as 400HZ but that isn't really what it is and its more 100HZ

As I say I'm not a tech head and could be completely wrong but was hoping you could help me out and explain what exactly it is?

Thanks

Also meant to say in my original post that I have no interest in 3D just in case you have TVs with similar specs but with no 3D which would make it cheaper hopefully :)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Cactus, without getting you bogged down in tech, TV's used to have a refresh rate.

They now don't all work from the same specification. LG 400Hz we would consider to be closer to the old 200Hz.

This is what we have been telling customers since the manufacturers moved the goalposts.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Manufacturers now use their own measurements so can not necessarily be compared between brands. Examples include LG - Motion Clarity Index (MCI), Samsung - Clear Motion rate (CMR), Philips - Perfect Motion Rate (PMR), Sony - Motionflow XR and Panasonic - BLS (Back Light Scanning). All these figures are twice or more than the traditional 100Hz/200Hz refresh rate figures. No abbreviation indicates traditional measurement. Plasmas generally use a 600Hz sub-field refresh rate.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unfortunately the non 3D TV's are always lesser spec so if you want the best picture for 2D, then it will always be on a 3D TV.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hope this clears things up but keep us posted.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many thanks[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Dave[/font]

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.