Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance

Options
  • 29-10-2013 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I am chagning my car insurance provider by the end of this week:D does anybody know if I have to let my current provider know or do I just let policy run out and say nothing? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Depends. If you are on direct debit it probably just rolls over if you if you dont do anything. So yes if you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

it depends on the terms of your policy, probably as well to call or email them just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

As peteb2 said, DD may need to be cancelled in case there's an automatic 'roll over' provision in the Ts & Cs. Otherwise you don't have to do nowt though these days you tend to get a phone call from the renewal people in their call centre just as the policy is about to expire in the hope that you'll panic and accept the (usually inflated) renewal quote that they sent you.

If you want to negotiate the renewal down, you have to ring them before they ring you.

Advertisement