Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bins and Broadband in Kill village area

Options
  • 29-10-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if there are any residents of Kill that might be able to advise on their experience of the various waste collection providers in Kill please? or even which companies serve Kill?
    Also from a broadband perspective, UPC said they don't serve the area for broadband only TV, but Vodafone and Eircom seem to, are these the only options people have gone with?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

be careful of vodafone in Kill - reception is very very patchy in some areas! I used to have to use an o2 dongle as i'd no vodafone reception in the house unless I was in the ensuite bathroom!! a relative living there only has reception when she is in kitchen.

O2 coverage seems to be better in Kill.

Re bins oxegen are not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭janus83

we might wait until we move in so to check out coverage and see what's best for broadband.

anyone use Thorntons recycling in Kill? Aes seem to be way more expensive than Oxigen and Thorntons.
    the bins thing is new to us as we were living in an apartment block before this! I was looking at the Pay for Lift options, just checking is there any reason this would be a bad option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

janus83 wrote: »
    we might wait until we move in so to check out coverage and see what's best for broadband.

anyone use Thorntons recycling in Kill? Aes seem to be way more expensive than Oxigen and Thorntons.
    the bins thing is new to us as we were living in an apartment block before this! I was looking at the Pay for Lift options, just checking is there any reason this would be a bad option?

We use Ballymore Bins and they're grand. Think they're cheapest. Can't remember but I'm sure they were because we changed over to them.

As for broadband we had terrible issues with vodaphone last year but it's been fine the last while. According to the eircom upgrade map we're due efibre in February

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭janus83

thanks mightybashful for the advice, we're going to go with Vodafone too so hopefully it stays good for another while :)

I work in Dublin so the odd time may be out and about there e.g. christmas party. Have you ever used the 126N nightrider? I'm not certain where the Kill Junction stop is in Kill, or where to pick it up in town?

also do you know if any taxis in Kill please?

so far, loving the village, thanks for all the helpful comments here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

janus83 wrote: »
    thanks mightybashful for the advice, we're going to go with Vodafone too so hopefully it stays good for another while :)

I work in Dublin so the odd time may be out and about there e.g. christmas party. Have you ever used the 126N nightrider? I'm not certain where the Kill Junction stop is in Kill, or where to pick it up in town?

also do you know if any taxis in Kill please?

so far, loving the village, thanks for all the helpful comments here.

I havent used the night rider since August. It stopped this side of the hal'penny bridge at 3.30am and was packed! Stopped across from the church. Think it was 6 or 7 euros. Brilliant took about 30 minutes home. Getting the bus from the village is a different kettle of worms though. Doesn't always show up and doesn't usually run in line with the timetable I find in the evenings anyway.

There is matts cabs in the village. I have his card at home and will on you the number later

• Advertisement
Advertisement