Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba Excite Pure 10" Tablet €150

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

zerks wrote: »
    Got a leaflet today with a Toshiba Excite Pure 10" Tablet for €150 at my local Arro store.They also have a pay weekly option until xmas.
    They have 34 stores nationwide so I asume all stores have the same deal.Sorry no link as it was only on the leaflet.

http://www.arro.ie/StoreFinder.aspx

Quad core with 1gig ram.Android 4.2.1

http://www.tabletpcandroid.co/10-inch-toshiba-android-tablet-is-slim-and-elegant-design-toshiba-excite-pure/

Argos have a similar Toshiba tablet running 4.1 for €420,I couldn't find any difference in specs.

Cheers, I'm just looking for something halfway competent for browsing on the couch during football etc, so this looks like it'll do the job just fine.

Just rang the two closest ones to me, in Santry and Wicklow, and neither have it :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Nice! Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

daRobot wrote: »
    Just rang the two closest ones to me, in Santry and Wicklow, and neither have it :(

Thanks saves me a trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

is this the one that supervalu are doing a token collection for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i'd be wary of 1gb of RAM... good value for basics tho

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pault27

cant find this on any of there websites any where....any help any1? even a pic from the leaflet u got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

i'd be wary of 1gb of RAM... good value for basics tho
    I'm on an iPad 2 with half that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Is this better or worse than the Samsung tab 7 inch that's the same price in argos
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057071905

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

pault27 wrote: »
    cant find this on any of there websites any where....any help any1? even a pic from the leaflet u got?

I linked to a review of it in my first post,couldn't find a tablet with similar specs for that price in any other b&m store apart from DID.

Called to my local Arro store in Enniscorthy & was told they are arriving in store this week & they'll call me when they have them.I'll ask if the offer is nationwide & post the answer here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

The Sammy's a great tablet - price dropping like a stone -

I linked to a review of it in my first post,couldn't find a tablet with similar specs for that price in any other b&m store apart from DID.

Called to my local Arro store in Enniscorthy & was told they are arriving in store this week & they'll call me when they have them.I'll ask if the offer is nationwide & post the answer here.

Hi could u take a pic of the leaflet with the table on it so I could see it.did might do a price match if I can prove it

Hi could u take a pic of the leaflet with the table on it so I could see it.did might do a price match if I can prove it

pault27 wrote: »

They have a 10 weeks to Xmas promo so €15 a week=€150. If DID want proof then they can contact them at SmythsArro.ie (phone number is on the site)

Sorry for pic quality.

s3ld2g.jpg

They have a 10 weeks to Xmas promo so €15 a week=€150. If DID want proof then they can contact them at SmythsArro.ie (phone number is on the site)

Sorry for pic quality.

s3ld2g.jpg

Thank for the picture cant really read it tho.is there a model number at all on it? The 1 in DID is AT10-104

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Sorry for pic quality.

s3ld2g.jpg
    Hi just wondering what's the date on this leaflet cause it's only 8 weeks to Christmas not 10?

The leaflet only came in the door the other day.Seems like whoever distributed them is a little slow off the mark.

https://www.facebook.com/smythsarro1

Can't find a model number apart from one on Amazon (AT15-A16)

Anywhere else I saw them for sale they are priced at €299.

The deal doesn't exist unfortunately :(

I rang the lady looking after the deal, in Enniscorthy, and she was given the wrong information by her supplier. The 150 euro price applies to some no brand tablet, with the Toshiba not being stocked at all (she told me she could source one for 299 euro - a 16 gb version- which is obviously no deal)

I thought it a little too good to be true, at half the retail price elsewhere, and seems it was indeed.

If I had the physical copy of the ad, I would still chance a price match with other retailers though :pac:

daRobot wrote: »
    The deal doesn't exist unfortunately :(

I rang the lady looking after the deal, in Enniscorthy, and she was given the wrong information by her supplier. The 150 euro price applies to some no brand tablet, with the Toshiba not being stocked at all (she told me she could source one for 299 euro - a 16 gb version- which is obviously no deal)

I thought it a little too good to be true, at half the retail price elsewhere, and seems it was indeed.

If I had the physical copy of the ad, I would still chance a price match with other retailers though :pac:

Just about to post this,got the same info a few mins ago:(

The supplier told them Toshiba tablets would be supplied but they turned out to be Yarvik (no thanks).

I might try & chance the price match though as I still have the leaflet.

Sorry for getting people's hopes up,had a feeling €150 for a €300 tablet was too good to be true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I enquired today on their Facebook page and received a reply to give them a call.
    I rang back and they told me it's only a local deal and not nationwide and she wasn't happy about it being on boards.
    Anyway she said they were getting in stock next week and she could send me down one for an extra €5 courier charge, I was delighted and jumped for it.
    Received a phone call ten minutes ago to be told there was a mistake in the leaflet and it was actually a yarvik tablet but she could get me a toshiba one for €299.
    I kindly replied no thank you.
    As usual too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭PCDub

Sounds like a bait and replace scam. Get you in the door and then sell you something else. No wonder they weren't happy it was on boards.

Advertisement