Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eVision Platform Down

Options
  • 29-10-2013 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi,

We just got eVision installed and it has been a real disappointment. It took ages for the Engineer to get the system to go past the eVision boot screen. He had to call back to the support team who said that we needed to wait because "the platform was down."  When the installer left the system was running but after a reboot, we're back to the same problem.

Very disappointed so far. Looks like you aren't ready to launch yet.

Question - will I lose eVision every time I reboot?

Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

We just got eVision installed and it has been a real disappointment. It took ages for the Engineer to get the system to go past the eVision boot screen. He had to call back to the support team who said that we needed to wait because "the platform was down."  When the installer left the system was running but after a reboot, we're back to the same problem.

Chris
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

I'm very sorry to hear of these issues. Due to the recent launch of evision the best advice I can offer at this moment in time is to contact the technical support team on 1890260260 where you will be able to discuss this and raise any concerns you may have.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

Hi,

Chris
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

I'm very sorry to hear of these issues. Due to the recent launch of evision the best advice I can offer at this moment in time is to contact the technical support team on 1890260260 where you will be able to discuss this and raise any concerns you may have.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Actually it's been my experience that problems with suppliers are best handled in an open and transparent manner.

Sharing experiences of eFibre (excellent) and eVision (great when it works) with people on Boards.ie and other social media sites also seems to drive excellent customer service. I'll take your advice though and contact the support team - then post my findings back here.

Chris

Hi,

Chris
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Actually it's been my experience that problems with suppliers is best handled in an open and transparent manner. Sharing experiences of eFibre (excellent) and eVision (great when it works) with other folks on Boards.ie and other social media sites also seems to drive excellent customer service. I'll take your advice though and contact the support team - then post my findings back here.

Chris
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

Totally agree, sharing experiences, is in my opinion, very improtant. It can offer insight into a lot of things and can also attract very helpful information and advice from time to time : )

It was not my intention to drive attention away from this subject rather just advise on the best course of action to take in finding a resolution and answers to your questions.

Thanks

Al

Hi,

Chris
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Actually it's been my experience that problems with suppliers are best handled in an open and transparent manner.

Sharing experiences of eFibre (excellent) and eVision (great when it works) with people on Boards.ie and other social media sites also seems to drive excellent customer service. I'll take your advice though and contact the support team - then post my findings back here.

Chris
    I've already mentioned elsewhere on the forum that unfortunately eVision just isn't reliable enough for me and beautiful as it is, I want to cancel the service. 

Chris

Hi,

Chris
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Chris
    I've already mentioned elsewhere on the forum that unfortunately eVision just isn't reliable enough for me and beautiful as it is, I want to cancel the service. 

Chris
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

If you wish to cancel please contact eircom cancellations on free phone 1901 (after entering your landline number please chose option 4 then 3).

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi,

Chris
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Chris

Chris
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

If you wish to cancel please contact eircom cancellations on free phone 1901 (after entering your landline number please chose option 4 then 3).

Thanks

Al

Thanks Alan, it is a pity because the system looks really great when running. Hopefully you can get the problems ironed out.

If I hadn't also been dropped to the 40Mb profile I might have kept the system during the 6 month free period to see how it worked out.

Chris

Hi Alan,

Is there no way to cancel on-line?  I'm in hold-hell here. Apparently the eVision / eFibre teams are busy...

Chris

24 mins on the call now, about to speak to the fourth person ....

Nuts, nuts, nuts 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

24 mins on the call now, about to speak to the fourth person ....

Nuts, nuts, nuts 
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

Apologies for the delay in following up, we have escalated the case to managers in efibre escalations. Can you also confirm the best mobile contact number for you via PM please.

Thanks, Mark 

Thanks Mark. I've PM'd you my mobile number. Two remaining issues are:

(a) Organise the courier to collect the eVision unit 

(b) Restore my profile to the ~50Mb/s that I had before the eVision install. 

On (b), I noticed your comment on another thread about eVision reserving bandwidth on eFibre - unfortunately that wasn't well explained and has been a source of confusion to customers and Eircom staff (on my 1hr 30min marathon phone call, I had two eFibre support people insist to me that it didn't reserve bandwidth but simply used it on demand).

After that'll be back to being a happy Eircom customer!

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks Mark. I've PM'd you my mobile number. Two remaining issues are:

(a) Organise the courier to collect the eVision unit 

(b) Restore my profile to the ~50Mb/s that I had before the eVision install. 

On (b), I noticed your comment on another thread about eVision reserving bandwidth on eFibre - unfortunately that wasn't well explained and has been a source of confusion to customers and Eircom staff (on my 1hr 30min marathon phone call, I had two eFibre support people insist to me that it didn't reserve bandwidth but simply used it on demand).

After that'll be back to being a happy Eircom customer!

Chris
    Hi Chris,

I got your PM thanks, I have sent on the request to the efibre escalations team to follow up on your case and contact you directly REF: 1187678

Mark

Advertisement