Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law or psychology?

• 29-10-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I am really in two minds what course I want to study in collage, law or psychology? I am really interested in mental health and would love to be a psychologist but also I love public speaking and debating and am an All-Ireland finalist in competitions. I am also very musical so maybe something in that? My strongest subjects are English Biology and music, any suggestions would be really appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

student111 wrote: »
    I am really in two minds what course I want to study in collage, law or psychology? I am really interested in mental health and would love to be a psychologist but also I love public speaking and debating and am an All-Ireland finalist in competitions. I am also very musical so maybe something in that? My strongest subjects are English Biology and music, any suggestions would be really appreciated! :)
    It is possible to do both law and psychology in first year Arts in some universities, and keep your options open until you have some experience of both subjects (given that you haven't met either of them at second level).

NUIM certainly offer both in First Arts; NUIG do too but from a quick check online they seem to offer them in the same group (i.e. you can't do both as they clash). I don't think UCD do, but have a good browse round yourself at these and other college websites or on Qualifax, and see what options might be there; I literally spent 60 seconds each glancing at those three sites so I may have missed / misread something.

Advertisement