Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC monitor question

Options
  • 29-10-2013 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Would a normal HD PC monitor work as a TV screen? I'm not a wizz with computers so sorry if this sounds stupid!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Many HD monitors now have a HDMI socket so it should work but the main connection PC to monitor is DVI and I'm guessing most TV equipment wouldn't have that port as standard.

Just make sure the monitor has a HDMI port and that you have some way of receiving the broadcast. Monitors don't have a TV tunner built in so you'll need a separate box to do that work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

ScumLord wrote: »
    Many HD monitors now have a HDMI socket so it should work but the main connection PC to monitor is DVI and I'm guessing most TV equipment wouldn't have that port as standard.

Just make sure the monitor has a HDMI port and that you have some way of receiving the broadcast. Monitors don't have a TV tunner built in so you'll need a separate box to do that work.

Thanks, but I don't need the monitor to watch any mainstream TV or to broadcast anything. I'm looking to use the monitor to play my PS3 on. If the monitor has a HDMI socket and it's connected to the console , there will be no problems or would I need any equipment to make it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Thanks, but I don't need the monitor to watch any mainstream TV or to broadcast anything. I'm looking to use the monitor to play my PS3 on. If the monitor has a HDMI socket and it's connected to the console , there will be no problems or would I need any equipment to make it work?
    There shouldn't be, if you have a monitor in mind type it's model number into google along with PS3 and see if anyones already using it. Or see if you can try it out first.

I have no experience with using monitors for consoles but I've heard of it being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

If it's for PS4, make sure its native resolution is 1080p.

Advertisement