Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting agent trouble - Alarm

Options
  • 29-10-2013 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

Just seeking advice and to see if i have a leg to stand on. I believe I do.

We signed a lease back in May. Gave my details for electricity bill e.t.c

There was no mention verbally or in the lease (i've looked) about a bill for the monitored alarm. The alarm was mentioned in the inventory but thats all, beside coat hooks e.t.c

My letting agent wants me to pay the bill as its been monitored while we've been here but im refusing as it wasnt mentioned beforehand. This is 5 months down the line.

Any help much appreciated?

Modulus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Tell them sorry about it. Pay your rent as normal but dont pay extra for the alarm. A monitored alarm is a luxury and a waste of money.I dont know anyone who has had a lower risk of their house getting robbed compared to a non-monitored alarm. They should have given you the opportunity to keep it or not 5 months ago(therefore giving you time to cancel it).

Email them saying that its not in your lease and they never told you in person. As you have proof that you never agreed to the alarm and they never told you about a charge for it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 modulus

Cheers dude! I did get back to them explaining they never said anything about a bill for the alarm but he is contesting it saying it is mentioned in the inventory.

We've nothing but trouble with the alarm too but that neither here nor there.

Bill wasnt mentioned, 5 months later we get a bill, not fair in my eyes.

Advertisement