Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Wireless Magnetic Door Contact

Options
  • 29-10-2013 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

Tried searching but don't see any previous relating to a faulty wireless (Visonic Powermax) magnetic contact.

I've tried changing the CR2 battery with a working one - the LED flashes as it should when battery installed and cover closed, but there is no LED when opening or closing the door. I also tried swapping over magnets fromwindow contact too but still nothing when field is broken..

It worked intermittently over last couple of weeks, but very rarely now.

Guessing at this stage the contact is faulty but is there anything else it could be before calling in the professionals?

Thx in advance,

Bren

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It sounds like the contact is faulty.
    If its the larger MCT-302
    visonic-mct302-door-contact.jpg
    You could try hard wire a wired contact into the aux input.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bren1916

KoolKid wrote: »
    It sounds like the contact is faulty.
    If its the larger MCT-302
    visonic-mct302-door-contact.jpg
    You could try hard wire a wired contact into the aux input.

Thanks KK,

Yes, it's defo the MCT 302 by looks of it, but it's a wireless system so how do I hard wire it?

If I buy a new contact, is it a case of simply deleting current zone 1 and re-installing the new contact to zone 1?

I can't get to installer mode on system as I don't think it was enabled by the supplier when it was installed a couple years back.

Cheers

Bren.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try it with a short length of cable first. There are two terminals inside the sensor you can wire into. Check the dip switch settings on the lid to enable this input and set it up as non eol and disable the built in contact.
    Then wire a length of cable from one terminal to the other. The contact should show closed. If you then cut that cable the contact should open and close again if you join it again. If that works simply buy a wired contact and connect it to the input in the same way.
    You will not need engineer access to do this.

Thx, while waiting on new contact I tried below.

I got into installer mode and deleted and reinstalled or enrolled zone 1 - which worked fine and system was showing ready to arm - until I tightened the screw on door contact and is back showing not ready!!

Went thru event log and it showed zone 1 as bypassed last Friday? When I scroll to view bypass it shows as empty ie Zone 1 has disappeared...

I'm thinking it's not seeing zone 1 contact at all or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

bren1916 wrote: »
    Thx, while waiting on new contact I tried below.

I got into installer mode and deleted and reinstalled or enrolled zone 1 - which worked fine and system was showing ready to arm - until I tightened the screw on door contact and is back showing not ready!!

Went thru event log and it showed zone 1 as bypassed last Friday? When I scroll to view bypass it shows as empty ie Zone 1 has disappeared...

I'm thinking it's not seeing zone 1 contact at all or something??

Can you delete the sensor again and re enroll.
    Dip one on the sensor is for the reed switch.
    Dip two is to allow you use a N/C wired contact with the wire free sensor.
    If you turn this to off and dip 2 to on it allows you wire a N/C loop ont of the terminal block on the sensor. If you use a piece of cable and loop it out does it now show the contact closed on the control panel.
    If so can you remove one side of the loop to see if it now shows open.
    If this work then adding the wired contact to the sensor will work for you.
    If you are still having issues with enrolling plus getting the panel to see the sensor itself then you will need to replace the sensor itself.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, tried the above but still nothing happening.
    Will have to admit defeat on this one and call the Alarm Co..

If you are getting someone to look at it ask them to look at the aux reed before replacing the unit. Could save you a few quid.;)

Advertisement