Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 5 stuck in recovery mode

• 29-10-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi there

tried to help someone out with their iphone 5, they backed up their iPhone and down loaded the new SW. but now its stuck in recovery mode and when it "downloads the sw" again it just says "processing" and eventually tells you hat you have to download the latest software and restore the iphone.
    Please advise, is this a HW issue with the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just restore it in iTunes. It's not in recovery mode if you can do it on the phone again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭kaiserrussel

guil wrote: »
    Just restore it in iTunes. It's not in recovery mode if you can do it on the phone again.

Sorry I was using itunes to try to restore it

Is iTunes up to date

guil wrote: »
    Is iTunes up to date

Sorry guys if I wasn't clear in my original ask.I did the following

I updated itunes to the latest version, then I backed up the iphone and started the download process for the new IOS sw. when the process bar on the iphone got to about 99% I got an error message saying that the phone was stuck in restore and something about an error message 27. When I did some research on these error messages I could not find anything for error 27.

Very strange indeed

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Possible try connecting it to another computer with latest iTunes and try it on that one. I remember have a similar problem on an iPhone 4 a few months back. This option worked then.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Possible try connecting it to another computer with latest iTunes and try it on that one. I remember have a similar problem on an iPhone 4 a few months back. This option worked then.

Yep I have tried that too, I think its time to call apple and go through that process now!!! I am disappointed I couldn't trouble shoot this myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Stick it into DFU mode and that should sort it.

kensutz wrote: »
    Stick it into DFU mode and that should sort it.

IF DFU mode is when the screen shows you the connect to itunes logo, then its stuck in that. Is DFU not used in jail breaking devices? I am not sure I want to do that to the phone

No it's not for jailbreaking. It's to force the firmware to update and get it out of the loop. With the icons being displayed it means it's stuck in recovery mode. DFU mode is connecting the iPhone to iTunes, pressing the power and home button together for 8 secs, leave go of the power button and keep the home button pressed in. iTunes will prompt again to say it discovered an iPhone in recovery mode and it will force it to do a fresh install of iOS.

If it's in DFU the screen will be black. Another way to do it is turn off the phone. Hold power for 3 seconds, then both for 10 and let go of power but keep holding the home button for another 5/6 seconds.

• Advertisement

You can do DFU mode when the iPhone is powered on too.

You can do DFU mode when the iPhone is powered on too.

Yes that's why I said another way.

Ah my apologies for skim reading. My bad :)

Ah my apologies for skim reading. My bad :)

Lol that has got me in trouble more times than I can remember.

Advertisement