Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No earphone connection

• 29-10-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Not sure this is the correct spot for this so apologies if it's not. My problem is that I have an LG TV (32LC56) that has no visible earphone socket or audio out save for an optical audio out port. This is causing difficulty as I want to connect a set of wireless earphones.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

The thread I found is about 3 years old but have a read of it and it might give you an idea of what you need to do if you want to try and persevere with setting your tv up with headphones:

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/102027-cant-get-sennheiser-rs-110-headphones-to-work-with-my-lg-hdtv.html

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ihatehalloween

Thanks Soundman.....I will give that a shot.

Not sure this is the correct spot for this so apologies if it's not. My problem is that I have an LG TV (32LC56) that has no visible earphone socket or audio out save for an optical audio out port. This is causing difficulty as I want to connect a set of wireless earphones.

Any help appreciated

Any other ideas, people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Presumably you'd know if you already have a sound system, home cinema system or AV receiver with optical-in & headphone jack?

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Presumably you'd know if you already have a sound system, home cinema system or AV receiver with optical-in & headphone jack?

Hi Peter
    No I don't have a home cinema system or av receiver on the TV in question.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Of the digital to analogue converters (DACs) mentioned in the linked thread in post #2, only some have headphone jacks. Example here claims 'it can support an external device such as an amplifier via standard RCA-style L/R jacks, and a stereo headphone via its 3.5mm at the same time.' Presumably the 'phones would need their own volume control.

Don't really know anything about these devices tbh & if I was buying 1 myself, would just have to take the word of sellers or other forum posters.

Advertisement