Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving hkc bell box for external plastering

Options
  • 29-10-2013 6:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭

how do i disconnect and remove a hkc external bell box for a plasterer to repair and replaster the back wall of my house .
    i dont want to blow or short anything out so id like to know how to do it propperly and not set the alarm off the second i go near it .
    do i need some sort of code for the alarm keypad, i dont have one to hand so how do i get this code ? thanks .

forgot to say the bellbox will be back up on the wall in same place once plasterer has repaired the wal and external plaster

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have the engineer code you can stop the internal bell from ringing.
    But the external is going to ring when you open it untill you disconnect the battery or the speaker.
    The simplest way is open it up & take a photo or make a note of all the wiring .
    Disconnect one by one & snip off the bare end of each to prevent shorting and blowing fuses.
    with everything disconnected remove the back plate from the wall & tape up the cable with insulting tape.
    After remounting, carefully strip each strand one by one & rewire as it was & close up when done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you have the engineer code you can stop the internal bell from ringing.
    But the external is going to ring when you open it untill you disconnect the battery or the speaker.
    The simplest way is open it up & take a photo or make a note of all the wiring .
    Disconnect one by one & snip off the bare end of each to prevent shorting and blowing fuses.
    with everything disconnected remove the back plate from the wall & tape up the cable with insulting tape.
    After remounting, carefully strip each strand one by one & rewire as it was & close up when done.

thanks for that info . dont have engineer code . is there any way to get a code or what do i do if or when i get a code ?
    plasterer rekons around a day to day and a half before the repaired wall and new plaster can be redrilled to remount bell box .
    can i still turn the alarm on in the house when i go out with the bell box down off the house wall ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The factory code is 4567 just enter it on the keypad. If the screen displays authorised by.. just enter your user code .
    If that doesn't display then the installers would have changed it. If you PM me who installed it I'll see if I can find a code for you.
    However, you can simply disarm the alarm with your own user code after you open the bell box.

The factory code is 4567 just enter it on the keypad. If the screen displays authorised by.. just enter your user code .
    If that doesn't display then the installers would have changed it. If you PM me who installed it I'll see if I can find a code for you.
    However, you can simply disarm the alarm with your own user code after you open the bell box.

so enter the factory code and then enter my own 4 digit pin code ?

If it says Authorised by.. then enter your own code.
    If the keypad doesn't respond then the engineer code has been changed by the installer.

• Advertisement

If it says Authorised by.. then enter your own code.
    If the keypad doesn't respond then the engineer code has been changed by the installer.

thanks for the help
    might pick your brains on 1 or 2 other things with the alarm . cant figure out what code to put in to keypad to activate the alarm downstairs on the doors and windows and still move around the house or go to bed upstairs .

Crazy Eye wrote: »
    cant figure out what code to put in to keypad to activate the alarm downstairs on the doors and windows and still move around the house or go to bed upstairs .

It depends on what way the system has been configured for part set.
    Try 0#7 and 0#8

It depends on what way the system has been configured for part set.
    Try 0#7 and 0#8

do i enter my own 4 digit alarm code 1st and then enter 0#7 ?
    or do i just forget my own code and enter in 0#7 on its own ?

Try entering just 0#7 or 0#8. If you need to enter the code it will ask you to.

Advertisement