Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to cancel eVision - tired hanging on the phone

Options
  • 29-10-2013 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to cancel eVision (just installed today). Unfortunately I was just constantly on hold trying to talk to the correct department. Is there an online way to do this or do I need to talk to someone. 

Multiple problems with eVision:

1. It does not connect reliably to the eVision system - restarts were taking up to an hour. Tech support mentioned problems with the backend platform.

2. Connecting through a home cinema system - switching inputs causes eVision to restart (see 1. for why that's a problem)

3. My profile was dropped by Eircom without my permission from 50Mb to 40Mb

I just want to cancel this service as fast as possible - I am absolutely not going to pay for eVision nor recommend that anyone else does at present.

Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi,

I'm trying to cancel eVision (just installed today). Unfortunately I was just constantly on hold trying to talk to the correct department. Is there an online way to do this or do I need to talk to someone. 

Multiple problems with eVision:

1. It does not connect reliably to the eVision system - restarts were taking up to an hour. Tech support mentioned problems with the backend platform.

2. Connecting through a home cinema system - switching inputs causes eVision to restart (see 1. for why that's a problem)

3. My profile was dropped by Eircom without my permission from 50Mb to 40Mb

I just want to cancel this service as fast as possible - I am absolutely not going to pay for eVision nor recommend that anyone else does at present.

Chris

Hi ChrisMcCauley

Our apologies that you had difficulties getting through to correct department.  To be honest I am not aware of the issue mentioned above. Would you mind PMing me your details and I can chase these issues for you and can get back to you immediately.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

Now 35 mins on the call to cancel my eVision. Spoke to three people so far (eFibre & Customer Retention teams) and none have been able to cancel the service. Apparently my best bet is to speak to someone in Post Sales - maybe I'll hold on for the hour on the call just to say that I've had to ...

Chris

Spoke to five people in different departments, trying to cancel eVision. Back on hold again - should I give up now?

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Did you get to cancel in the end Chris? I was going to switch from Sky to this for both TV and Internet service but to be honest after reading everything on this forum, I don't think I will....

Perhaps it is just problematic areas? I don't like the idea of your phone line being responsible for both TV as well as internet

Spoke to five people in different departments, trying to cancel eVision. Back on hold again - should I give up now?

Chris
    Hi Chris,
    I have escalated this for you and should hear back soon.
    TONY

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

I did get to cancel it on the second call. I gave up on the first call around the 62nd minute. I called back and got through to a great guy called Fran who sorted it out.  Tony - if you could help me with the last two problems...

1. Apparently I need someone to call me to organise collection of the eVision box otherwise I get charged €150 - if I PM you my mobile number could you make sure that they call me on that number to arrange pickup? 

2. I'd like my eFire profile to go back to the 50Mb/s profile - it's been on 40Mb/s since just before the installation of eVision.

Thanks

Chris

Answering splashthecash on his concerns ...

If you're going with eVision then you just need to realise that you're likely to take a hit on your broadband profile even when it isn't in use - this annoyed me only because it isn't clearly outlined when you sign-up. 

Maybe I got a few dodgy boxes and was just unlucky. I've said elsewhere that the quality of eVision easily exceeds both my FreeVision and Sky services. It was a real pleasure to use when it did work. Try it for yourself and see ...

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

If you're going with eVision then you just need to realise that you're likely to take a hit on your broadband profile even when it isn't in use - this annoyed me only because it isn't clearly outlined when you sign-up. 

Maybe I got a few dodgy boxes and was just unlucky. I've said elsewhere that the quality of eVision easily exceeds both my FreeVision and Sky services. It was a real pleasure to use when it did work. Try it for yourself and see ...

Chris

Thanks for the info Chris....it did sound impressive when i first read about it but I guess the proof is in the pudding and from the comments on here it doesnt sound as though things are great. Having said that you only hear about the negative on forums such as this.

Am I correct in assuming that a) your tv and internet is provied through the same line (i.e your phone line) and b) if you have a bad internet connection at night your tv would be stopping/starting/freezing/buffering/etc.?

You can still back out of a contract with the cooling off period of 7 days so I guess you've nothing to lose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Chris
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

I sent on your case to the efibre escalation team. Have you received a call back as yet?

Mark

Chris

Thanks for the info Chris....it did sound impressive when i first read about it but I guess the proof is in the pudding and from the comments on here it doesnt sound as though things are great.  Having said that you only hear about the negative on forums such as this.

Am I correct in assuming that a) your tv and internet is provied through the same line (i.e your phone line) and b) if you have a bad internet connection at night your tv would be stopping/starting/freezing/buffering/etc.?

You can still back out of a contract with the cooling off period of 7 days so I guess you've nothing to lose
    Hi splashthecash

Yes the efibre and eVision service are both provided through the F1000 modem so the speed is divided between the two services.

If you call the eircom save team on contact our service team on 1901 (option 4 - option 4 again)  They can confirm if the order / account is still with the cooling of team.

Mark

• Advertisement

Chris
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

I sent on your case to the efibre escalation team. Have you received a call back as yet?

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks. Nothing from them yet.

Chris

Chris

Thanks for the info Chris....it did sound impressive when i first read about it but I guess the proof is in the pudding and from the comments on here it doesnt sound as though things are great.  Having said that you only hear about the negative on forums such as this.

I really wouldn't have concerns about the stability of eFibre - I've had it for months and it is rock solid. The eVision system actually reserves a chunk of bandwidth (~10Mb/s in my case) so you are unlikely to have a problem unless there is a physical fault with your link to the exchange - my line got damaged in a storm a few years ago but then again my Sky dish failed last year so things do go wrong with any system. 

I really liked eVision and was gutted that it didn't work out for me. I've provided feedback to the eVision guys on what I think the problems were (HDMI switching) and if they get resolved I'd probably try the system again.  If you are hooking your system directly to your TV you aren't likely to have the issues I had.

Try it and if you don't like it, act quickly to get it cancelled - but you'll probably love it.

Chris

Chris
    Hi ChrisMcCauley

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks. Nothing from them yet.

Chris
    Hi Chris,

Apologies, I have sent another follow up to push this for you.

Mark

Chris

I really wouldn't have concerns about the stability of eFibre - I've had it for months and it is rock solid. The eVision system actually reserves a chunk of bandwidth (~10Mb/s in my case) so you are unlikely to have a problem unless there is a physical fault with your link to the exchange - my line got damaged in a storm a few years ago but then again my Sky dish failed last year so things do go wrong with any system. 

I really liked eVision and was gutted that it didn't work out for me. I've provided feedback to the eVision guys on what I think the problems were (HDMI switching) and if they get resolved I'd probably try the system again.  If you are hooking your system directly to your TV you aren't likely to have the issues I had.

Try it and if you don't like it, act quickly to get it cancelled - but you'll probably love it.

Chris
    Hi Chris
    I have been advised that you should now have received a phone call from Sarah, and the change has been activated for you. This should probably be in effect from tomorrow.
    Really sorry you were not able to avail of both products, but, thanks for your support and patience in this matter.

If you ever have any further query, just let us know.
    Goodluck
    Tony and Mark

Chris

Chris
    Hi Chris
    I have been advised that you should now have received a phone call from Sarah, and the change has been activated for you. This should probably be in effect from tomorrow.
    Really sorry you were not able to avail of both products, but, thanks for your support and patience in this matter.

Goodluck
    Tony and Mark

Thanks Tony & Mark.

One last unpleasant surprise for eVision people - adding eVision triggers a new 18 month eFibre contract

I was completely stunned to hear from Sarah that adding eVision changes my eFibre contract. Even though my eFibre contract started back at the end of May, I'm now just two weeks into my new eFibre contract. WTF?

A total scam.

Chris

UTTER, UTTER SHAMBLES

Again, told that the profile was switched back and just to wait 24hrs and again NOTHING happened.

Eircom really sucks.  Sky suck too but they're cheaper - time to move I think.

Chris

Chris

Chris
    Hi Chris

Goodluck
    Tony and Mark

Tony, I PM'd you - the issue didn't get resolved after all. Don't know why I'm disappointed, I should have expect that it wouldn't be resolved even after several hours on the phone, multiple messages ..........

Chris

Chris

Thanks for the info Chris....it did sound impressive when i first read about it but I guess the proof is in the pudding and from the comments on here it doesnt sound as though things are great. Having said that you only hear about the negative on forums such as this.

I really liked eVision and was gutted that it didn't work out for me. I've provided feedback to the eVision guys on what I think the problems were (HDMI switching) and if they get resolved I'd probably try the system again. If you are hooking your system directly to your TV you aren't likely to have the issues I had.

Chris
    Hi Chris

Goodluck
    Tony and Mark

Tony, I PM'd you - the issue didn't get resolved after all. Don't know why I'm disappointed, I should have expect that it wouldn't be resolved even after several hours on the phone, multiple messages ..........

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have been following up with the efibre escalation team and they advised that the eVision service has been removed.

"Downgraded customer's bundle to fibre and talk as the service with the television would not work correctly. Customer has been informed and is happy to be going back to his previous bundle"

So the contract is 18 months from the initial efibre service being applied and a note has been put on the account to that effect.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement