Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Tour coming to Dublin

Options
  • 29-10-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Sign up before all spots are taken. I've signed up for Thursday and Saturday evening so i'm hoping I'll get a spot.

http://area1-en.xboxonetour.com/

be sick to get a few rounds of KI with other people of the IFGC instead of casual button mashers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I got confirmation the spot I grabbed with a +1 for Sunday the 17th is mine.

Hopefully KI is playable...

I'm not 100% sure I can make the date I choose, so if I can't go I'll be sure to pass my spot off to anyone in the scene who wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Bring me PLS. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've got one for the afternoon on the friday (i believe). I also put down for a +1, but nothing was said about that on the confirmation email. Apparently that's the craic with everyone's so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

I'd love to go, if anyone will have a spare ticket please bring me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Just got confirmation for Thursday 7pm to 11pm. hope to see some of you there ;)
    ladnopoka wrote: »
    I'd love to go, if anyone will have a spare ticket please bring me :D

sign up its free. if you dont get a spot you can always ask one of us who already has a ticket to share since you're allowed to bring one person with you. Im already bringing Koko_Pops with mine.

• Advertisement

2gen wrote: »
    Just got confirmation for Thursday 7pm to 11pm. hope to see some of you there ;)

sign up its free. if you dont get a spot you can always ask one of us who already has a ticket to share since you're allowed to bring one person with you. Im already bringing Koko_Pops with mine.

thats what im asking for, i signed up but didnt get a ticket :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Got my ticket for 14th 2 to 6

Give it time ladno

ladnopoka wrote: »
    thats what im asking for, i signed up but didnt get a ticket :confused::(

I signed in twice and got the confirmation letter for the second attempt. Make sure to sign in through your Facebook account. The first time I didn't and didn't get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Does your ticket mention the +1?

maximoose wrote: »

It didnt on mine, even though I signed up for it. If you get confirmed just come in with a friend, I think you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I'm going on the 17th 6-9pm

Actually no, I looked back over the e-mails I got about. None of them do.

I definitely have my spot booked though, so it should be cool.

I'll be there with a PS4 T-Shirt and Sony backpack

I still didn't get mine, tried to reg second time... no success

Yay I got mine on the 17th from 14:00 - 17:00.

Does anyone know how the ticket actually works though because I just got the e-mail saying I have a ticket so I confirmed it however it does say if I have to print something out or whether I just have to say my name on the door, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yay I got mine on the 17th from 14:00 - 17:00.

Does anyone know how the ticket actually works though because I just got the e-mail saying I have a ticket so I confirmed it however it does say if I have to print something out or whether I just have to say my name on the door, does anyone know?

I think you need to print the ticket and they scan the QR code.

I think you need to print the ticket and they scan the QR code.

Hmmmm maybe I will get the ticket in an e-mail soon then.

Hmmmm maybe I will get the ticket in an e-mail soon then.

Print the XBO confirmation letter with the code on it

that can be used

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Murderous Neil

just applied for mine, though I doubt I'll meet criteria.

just in case there is anyone to doesn't know about this yet but is going to the event. this was discovered around 2 weeks ago and blew up on the DoubleHelix forums. i plan on bringing my stick to see if i'll be allowed to have a go.

also a suggestion. for those who already have a ticket i think it would be a good idea to get in contact with those who are still looking for a spot (in this thread) and bring them as your "+1" guest on your ticket. as i've mentioned before, i know i'd rather experience KI with people who know what they are doing (IFGC) instead of playing against button mashers.

• Advertisement

I'm still iffy about the whole +1 gig, as it's not mentioned on anyone's tickets.
    Also, will there be anyone important at this, representing the game? Anyone from Double Helix, like?

According to folks on the Xbox Tour thread over in the Xbox forums KI will just be a demo. This is pretty disappointing. I'm hoping more than just Jago is available. If not, I'm starting to wonder if out would really be worth the trip from Galway. I'm zero interest in the football, racing, or shooter games that are there. And Ryse looks fairly sh1te, to be honest.

deathrider wrote: »
    According to folks on the Xbox Tour thread over in the Xbox forums KI will just be a demo. This is pretty disappointing. I'm hoping more than just Jago is available. If not, I'm starting to wonder if out would really be worth the trip from Galway. I'm zero interest in the football, racing, or shooter games that are there. And Ryse looks fairly sh1te, to be honest.

Are you sure that they dont mean "its a demo, we will only have 4 characters (thunder build)"? They have been showing off the thunder build at every stop on their tour, including London. It would be really silly if they only brought Jago (1 character demo) to Dublin. Also according to many of the reviews from people that went to one of the events, the xbox ppl who are hosting the events know very little about KI. So I would guess is that it would be the thunder build

deathrider wrote: »
    If not, I'm starting to wonder if out would really be worth the trip from Galway.

Regardless of the content they show, I would not be interested enough to go if not for the fact it was a convenient walking distance location for me.

The dates of the tour are pretty broad, so maybe wait to see what the people who go say about it? I'll post up my thoughts next Sunday evening.

All the time blocks I've seen have been 3 hours. Coming from Galway you're definitely going to spend more time traveling than at the event.

Are you sure that they dont mean "its a demo, we will only have 4 characters (thunder build)"? They have been showing off the thunder build at every stop on their tour, including London. It would be really silly if they only brought Jago (1 character demo) to Dublin. Also according to many of the reviews from people that went to one of the events, the xbox ppl who are hosting the events know very little about KI. So I would guess is that it would be the thunder build

4 man demo or 3 i'm grand

half the game right there, if it wasn't the latest build e.g shadows counter, counter breaker i'd be thrown off I guess

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one-tour-faq

for those who still have questions about bringing a friend or about how to get their ticket etc. so make sure to grab a buddy :P only 5 more days until it starts.

Sorry for the late reply. I've had no internet all weekend. Apparently Sabrewulf is also playable (it was posted later in the Xbox thread), so it could very well be that 4 man version you mentioned.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one-tour-faq

for those who still have questions about bringing a friend or about how to get their ticket etc. so make sure to grab a buddy :P only 5 more days until it starts.

Wonder what the story is with attending the event, then your mate bringing you 2nd time round?

Nutrient wrote: »
    Wonder what the story is with attending the event, then your mate bringing you 2nd time round?

i dont think they'll notice/care to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

If Im a bit late will they still let me in? I have an e-ticket from Microsoft to sttend but the next bus leaves at 11 and will arrive at 2PM. The session is supposed to be from 2-6PM today?

Advertisement