Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Tour coming to Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

If Im a bit late will they still let me in? I have an e-ticket from Microsoft to sttend but the next bus leaves at 11 and will arrive at 2PM. The session is supposed to be from 2-6PM today?

I'd imagine you'd be grand. Just guessing here, but I reckon you could show up any time between those mentioned on the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

deathrider wrote: »
    I'd imagine you'd be grand. Just guessing here, but I reckon you could show up any time between those mentioned on the ticket.

Yeah you can. I was there, could only drop in for an hour but overall impression was: Meh. The thing is huge as we expected. The KI setups, of which there are many, ate half controllers and half stick setups, so fair play to them for that. There were I think four charatcers and I four stages or something, saw nutrient there so he'll have a better review later. Some of the other games are ok, not much to write home about overall, and defo wouldn't be encouraged to make a day 0 purchase.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

A big thanks to Ben for bringing me to this, I had a ton of fun! KI was... actually super entertaining! A proper breakdown/pics will be forthcoming maybe tomorrow. sleep for now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Think we'll have these in work from tomorrow/wednesday.
    Might organise an impromptu KI tourney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Think we'll have these in work from tomorrow/wednesday.
    Might organise an impromptu KI tourney

That'd be pretty dope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have KI at 94% beside me in work. Can play it now, but I'll just wait until it gets to 100% and then sign out of my profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I have KI at 94% beside me in work. Can play it now, but I'll just wait until it gets to 100% and then sign out of my profile.

Did you get the Ultra edition?

I need to play someone decent. Apparently meaties are the work of the devil and aren't allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No, just the free version. apparently Jago costs €4.99, even though he's selectable anyway. What's up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No, just the free version. apparently Jago costs €4.99, even though he's selectable anyway. What's up with that?
    Maybe if you buy another character you lose access to Jago? :/ I dunno.

EDIT: Asked MikeZ. He said that's there if they ever change who the free character is and you want to play as Jago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

yeah they're gonna rotate i believe.

It seems a foolish system given to what it will do to online, worse than Ken fighter IV back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sairus wrote: »
    Maybe if you buy another character you lose access to Jago? :/ I dunno.

EDIT: Asked MikeZ. He said that's there if they ever change who the free character is and you want to play as Jago.

Yeah, apparently the plan is that the free character will rotate every few months.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

This is another one to add to my list of reasons I'm not on board with this free to play craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Makes sense. Do it LOL style and help keep interest and keep players up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

yeah they're gonna rotate i believe.

It seems a foolish system given to what it will do to online, worse than Ken fighter IV back in the day.

I am totally cool with this system. I really want to see how it goes when someone tries to use the LOL model in a FG.

I'm really fascinated by the idea of a commercially viable F2P FG, and I want to see who cracks it.

I'm still hunting for a King of Combat beta key.

And even if nobody ever buys their favourite character, it will mean the playerbase of KI will end up having good knowledge of what the entire cast can do. That's kinda cool.

Advertisement