Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50cc starting problems

• 29-10-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Have a 2009 50cc 4 stroke chinese scooter.only 4000 km on it!just cleaned the carb,changed the cdi unit and replaced the spark plug and was fine but wasent getting up to speed only reaching 20kph.(old cdi unit needed to be replaced as the bike kept cutting out on me everytime I accelerated.)so I gave the carb another clean but now the bike won't start and makes a horrible Sound as I use the electric start,not the normal turning over sound.and the kick start just doesent seem right and won't start the bike.still getn a spark!any1 any ideas wat it cud be or were I cud bring it to get fixed and not get ripped off!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Bring it back to the shop where you bought it lol.

It would help if you mentioned who made it and what model it is - many Chinese bikes are clones of other bikes and parts are common between them.

It sounds like the starter ring gear is stripped - if you can't kick into life either then I'd suspect the gear on the crank but you say it is sparking so then it has to be turning over. Weird - did you mess with the valve clearances or anything that might have knocked the timing out? Did you use the right replacement spark plug - could it be hitting the piston crown?

Advertisement