Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Christmas cards

Options
  • 29-10-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello,

Would anybody know if there is a way of comparing all of the charity Christmas cards to find out which one passes on the most money to the actual charity?
    I know I could go onto each individual website but I'm just wondering is there any information available to the public in this regard.

I was in Tesco last night and was going to buy some cards but I picked up Aware cards and Alzheimer's Society cards and neither had any information on how much goes to the charity itself.

If the amount is very little I would prefer to just make a direct donation.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I bought them from the Irish premature baby charity last year as 100% of the money goes to the charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

If the charity cards are sold in shops it is usually just a percentage of the sale that goes to the charity. You are better off contacting the charity directly, usually most of them have an online shop on there website.

Croi the Heart & Stroke Charity have lovely cards on there website €5.99 for 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

I buy from irish premature babies as well, they only sell online so all the money goes directly to them, they buy equipment for sick/prem babies around the country

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They are 5.50 and 6.50 this year for 10 but they were lovely and lvoely quality last year and if memory serves me correctly the greeting was written as gaeilge and in english.

A dogs life have 8 for 5 euro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement