Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macbook Pro software update

• 29-10-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi I'm wondering if anyone could be of help to me.

I currently have a Macbook Pro 4GB 2.26GHz running Mac OS X version 10.5.8. Many of my programmes are now not running with the outdated software as is my iPhone running iOS7. I was wondering what my options are regarding upgrading to a more recent OS X version? Should the computer be able to handle Mavericks? Do I need to upgrade EACH OS X in order to do so? Would I be better off buying a new macbook??

Any advice would be great,

Barrak

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You'll need to buy Snow Leopard. You can order it on disc from Apple. Then, if your machine supports it, you'll be able to upgrade straight to Mavericks for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

If you know someone who has done the update to 10.9 and kept the install file, then it's simple enough to extract the image and do a restore to a bootable usb key.

And you should not need to buy a new machine, i've a mid 2009 mb pro 13" 2.26Ghz and it's running fine on it
    (that said, i've 8GB ram and twin ssds in her which does help somewhat)

Advertisement