Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canine Tooth Broke

• 29-10-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

My nine and 6 month old Staffordshire bull terrier broke his canine tooth this evening. I was playing with him a while ago and I felt something strange in his mouth, took a closer look and one of his canine tooth was gone. There is a centimeter left plus the root.

So my question is what should I do? Is there anything I can do?

Also I found a bit of his tooth out the back with a flashlight, I noticed a freshly bitten side gate and found a bit of the tooth on a ground. Couldn't find the rest of it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

If the root/pulp of the tooth is exposed this can be very very painful, so definitely get to a vet when you can as the rest of the tooth will most likely have to be extracted. For tonight make sure you only serve soft food to make sure that it won't be too painful to eat. Hope the poor thing is okay!

Advertisement