Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I transfer money between my current and loan accounts?

Options
  • 29-10-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

I have both a current account and loan account with Boi and I want to know how I can transfer funds from my current account to my loan account electronically

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Garrigai 

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

You can make electronic transfers between both accounts through Bank of Ireland 365 Online Banking.

For assistance, please call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or from abroad 0035314044000.

Please press the * button on your phone to reach a representative. They will be happy to set this up for you.

They will need you to provide your current and loan account number on the call.

Alternatively, if you already have access to your current account online, you may access your online banking and request to add your loan account through our Online Service Desk. 

I hope this information helps, feel free to contact us again if you need any further assistance.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

Hi Garrigai 

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

You can make electronic transfers between both accounts through Bank of Ireland 365 Online Banking.

For assistance, please call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or from abroad 0035314044000.

Please press the * button on your phone to reach a representative. They will be happy to set this up for you.

They will need you to provide your current and loan account number on the call.

Alternatively, if you already have access to your current account online, you may access your online banking and request to add your loan account through our Online Service Desk. 

I hope this information helps, feel free to contact us again if you need any further assistance.

Thanks
    Alison
    Thanks Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

Hello
    My student travel loan is due to be repaid on Sunday, I am paid midnight tonight, is there a way to arrange for the money to be transferred from my current account to my loan account and then to close the loan account without physically being in a branch, or I can be in a branch on Monday the 2nd?

Kind regards
     Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Garrigai

Thank you for your post.

It will be best to speak contact a Customer Advisor within your branch for assistance with your query relating to the precise date the loan payment is due to be repaid. As we have no account access here, it is difficult for us to give you further advice on this.

Contact details for your branch can be found here

A nearby Bank of Ireland branch can assist you with the balance transfer providing you bring along photo identification. From reading above, I am aware this may not be an option for you.

Alternatively, If both accounts are set up on your online banking, it will be possible to transfer from your current to your loan account to pay the balance due.

If you need assistance with this, you can call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or from abroad 00353 140 44000. A representative can assist you with the adding of an account.

If you have any further banking queries, please feel free to ask.

Thanks 
    Alison 

Advertisement