Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please - screen gone crazy!

Options
  • 29-10-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi guys, hoping someone can help me!

My silly little persian cat walked on my laptop keys, obviously pressed one of the F keys or a combination of keys and now my screen has streched horizantally :(

It's not the F11 button that makes fullscreen. It's a normal screen, just streched length ways.

It's doing my head in, all my photo's and documents look ridiculous and it is too hard to work with everything streched across.

I'm afraid to press random F buttons incase I make things worse.

Google has no info on this type of screen problem :(

Please help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

NYCityBabe wrote: »
    Hi guys, hoping someone can help me!

My silly little persian cat walked on my laptop keys, obviously pressed one of the F keys or a combination of keys and now my screen has streched horizantally :(

It's not the F11 button that makes fullscreen. It's a normal screen, just streched length ways.

It's doing my head in, all my photo's and documents look ridiculous and it is too hard to work with everything streched across.

I'm afraid to press random F buttons incase I make things worse.

Google has no info on this type of screen problem :(

Please help!!!

right click on the desktop and choose screen resolution

next choose the correct resolution to suit your screen and click apply... if it is wrong it will revert back in 15 seconds automatically... if it is right choose accept and it will keep that change

square shaped screens typically use 1280x1024
    widescreens typically use 1280x900

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

catanimation-22.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

danjo-xx wrote: »
    catanimation-22.gif

Coulda been MY cat! :D

nLb7X7h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭NYCityBabe

Well, I got it sorted! I will keep little madam away from laptop keys in the future!

Tried your suggestion Bog Standard, sadly it didn't change things, so further goolging led me to the answer... press Fn and the space bar, got me back my normal screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You have it solved now but any others with the same problem another solution is to hold CTRL + ALT + any one of the arrow keys to rotate the display back to normal.

EDIT: Oops, different to different problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Duggy747 wrote: »
    You have it solved now but any others with the same problem another solution is to hold CTRL + ALT + any one of the arrow keys to rotate the display back to normal.

That's a handy tip and it happens more than you think but the OP screen wasn't rotated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

petes wrote: »
    That's a handy tip and it happens more than you think but the OP screen wasn't rotated.

Yea, read the OP wrong, oops :pac:

Advertisement