Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

in heat spray

• 29-10-2013 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi i have a female dog she is in heat , my male is crying and barking when she is in door i heard the was a spray u could get just wondering do anyone one if there is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

help12345 wrote: »
    hi i have a female dog she is in heat , my male is crying and barking when she is in door i heard the was a spray u could get just wondering do anyone one if there is?

There is nothing that will stop the scent of a bitch in season.
    Best thing you can do is put your dog into kennels for a week or two or get someone to mind him for you.
    It's not fair to have him so stressed.
    Your bitch will be in heat for 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 help12345

andreac wrote: »
    Best thing you can do is put your dog into kennels for a week or two or get someone to mind him for you.

ya i think she is in heat with last two weeks all ready he only found out few days ago they were separated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My friend's mum used to sprinkle pepper on dog lol - this was a a long time ago and they were in the mniddle of nowhere down the country so no dogs around anyways! :p
    I've read on other forums that some owners have had sucess with the nappy/pant things although you'd still need to keep them separated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

help12345 wrote: »
    ya i think she is in heat with last two weeks all ready he only found out few days ago they were separated

hope they were separated in time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

andreac wrote: »
    The bitch may be in heat for 3 weeks but the dog may try to mount her for over 6 weeks.

If you have to have them in the same house then wash the floors well and her bedding and her often to keep the smell down.
    And air the place.

The bitch will bleed so that is what you need to clean up.
    Keep her where she won't bleed on carpet etc,just where it is easy to wash up.

And as andreac said it would be best to just split them up for this time.Your dog might damage your home to get to her and just might make it to her.?

• Advertisement
Advertisement