Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play Asia PS4 games

Options
  • 29-10-2013 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys just wondering has anyone ever ordered from Play Asia and whats the chances of the games getting done for customs ?

As the PS4 games pre orders are the cheapest i seen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I ordered about €100 worth of stuff from them a few years ago and it didn't get hit. Since then they have stepped up efforts to catch packages coming through though so you might get hit. Their prices are similar to videogamesplus.ca actually. I'd recommend buying from VGP as you will have them for release here most likely. The only way you can guarantee getting them in time for the PS4 release here if buying from playasia is to use expensive shipping. The standard free shipping takes 3-4 weeks IIRC.

BF4 on playasia is $61.77 Canadian dollars. videogamesplus.ca have it for $59.99 Canadian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have ordered several 360 games from them in the past and haven't been caught.

Best tip is to order one item at a time, generally they are less likely supposedly to inspect smaller packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen1990

Hi, just looking for some advice about this site.

Is there any region locks on the games (ps vita).

How much is shipping to Ireland.

Is there a difference between the Asian and US games, for example, Batman black gate is €32.93 on one from the US and €29.27 from Asia?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I order from them nearly every week, their tuesday sales are amazing. Never been hit by customs.

Check the product description, it will tell you if it's region free or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I've used Play Asia a couple times and have never been hit :pac:

I also don't mean to hijack this thread but since its here theres no need to create a new one

... As gamestop and the like will be charging €70 for PS4 games I'm simply refusing to buy from there.

So how likely am I to receive the games for launch if I order off VGP?
    I've never used them before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭lertsnim

VGP always deliver to me within 7 days. I plan on getting a few games from them next week so should have them in plenty of time for the PS4 release here.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Thanks, sounds good :pac:

Anyone know what the deal is with the DLC? or has been on the current gen at least. Obviously a lot of these pre orders are coming with exclusive DLC... are we able to enter those codes in PSN and download here?

Advertisement