Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using dampers in stove

Options
  • 30-10-2013 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, I have just had a Boru 600i installed and the glass door has blackened the first time I used it, any advice on how to use the dampers properly so as to stop this happening would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You already know where the heating forum is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnthomas2013

Hi Mollybelle, I have a boru 600i non boilder and finally I have figured out how to work it. I open all dampers to start a fire. Thats moving all levers to the left except the Lever on the right, I leave that close, I don't use it. I pull out the ashpan a small bit to get fire going, Glass door closed. You might not be able to do this with your as I think they change the ashpan recently meaning you can't pull out ashpan and have door closed. I then wait for 10 to 15mins until fire is going well. push in your ashpan turn the 1st leaver on your left half way. I refill with some logs & turf. Once alls is well I partly close the 1st leaver to the width of a match stick. Once fire has settled I then, moving right, close the Middle leaver completely, closing it too early will make your glass black. Open this lever again when reloading. & close again a few minutes after reloading to avoid glass getting black, you will just have to judge it yourself. Hope this helps. As I was coming & going from it awhile before we got it. Fuel makes a big difference. We are burning 2 year old timber & turf & theres brilliant heat.

Advertisement