Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powercity Question

Options
  • 29-10-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

just a question can power city tell some one what i bought ie make model time and price purchased

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

mds123 wrote: »
    just a question can power city tell some one what i bought ie make model time and price purchased

Yes, most retailers do. The issue would be if they gave out any identifying data.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out and moved to new thread.

OP - can you give us a little background about this question?

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If you buy any electeical item with a tuner like a tv or vcr or saorview box they are obliged by law to pass on your name and address to the tv licensing authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It depends on who they are telling and how much personal detail. To say a customer bought xy or z but not name you for instance. What exactly is the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

foggy_lad wrote: »
    If you buy any electeical item with a tuner like a tv or vcr or saorview box they are obliged by law to pass on your name and address to the tv licensing authority.

Is there much truth to that?surely they must inform their customer what they intend to do before capturing informatiob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭brian_t

skinny90 wrote: »
    Is there much truth to that?surely they must inform their customer what they intend to do before capturing informatiob
    I've never been asked for ID when buying such products.

How would they know who you are if you pay in cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

brian_t wrote: »
    I've never been asked for ID when buying such products.

How would they know who you are if you pay in cash.
    That's my question,I don't think foggys statement is true,from an ethical and legal point
    Most shops who capture info is for Warrenty info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

foggy_lad wrote: »

may be so but never happens.......names and addresses are captured for warranty info and makes it easy to find details when customers lose receipts, thats whats happens where i work anyway

Advertisement