Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos: Samsung Galaxy 2, 7 Inch WiFi Tab 8GB. €149.99 + get a €20 gift voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

says its only a €10 gift voucher??

apologies just saw the front page of argos now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

So do you get a 10 euro voucher for spending over 100 and a 10 euro voucher for buying a tablet over 100 ? i.e. 20

• Registered Users Posts: 23 danbyrne88

Thats a great offer i got the same tab the other month for 150 in Dub airport duty free thinking i was getting an absolute bargain.

Great little tablet especially at that price!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Does this have hdmi output - I can't see it stated anywhere in the specs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Think someone says you can use MHL with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

£109.99 with £20 voucher in Argos in the North.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8141208.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stejk11

Just got one in Power City for €149.95
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-28-5144293

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just ordered from Argos in the North via ParcelMotel, thanks for the heads-up Invincible.

Can you use the £20 voucher on-line or in a Republic store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Sleepy wrote: »

Was about to ask the same. ~€20 cheaper in the UK store, Argos ripping us off again.

Do they even give you the £20 voucher if you buy it online? Got it in my basket but no mention of the £20 voucher anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sleepy wrote: »

No as it's in £ won't be valid in Irish store, if you did go up to say Newry and buy one you could use the £20 voucher to buy a memory card for the tablet there and then though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Was about to ask the same. ~€20 cheaper in the UK store, Argos ripping us off again.

Do they even give you the £20 voucher if you buy it online? Got it in my basket but no mention of the £20 voucher anywhere.

Voucher deals like this are usually only given at the till as the staff member has to activate it first.

Just got an email, it's only a £10 code for their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Is this one of the Galaxy Tabs with an IR blaster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

good find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

No as it's in £ won't be valid in Irish store, if you did go up to say Newry and buy one you could use the £20 voucher to buy a memory card for the tablet there and then though.

Nothing to stop you buying something with voucher immediately after tablet purchase. Just be aware there will be an expiry on voucher, as when I got one along with the Sony TV, the manager said it was valid until November 12th.

I used mine for this (highligted in another Bargain Alert here)

9385575_R_Z001A_UC1027251?$TMB$&wid=312&hei=312
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9385575.htm

Was £35, reduced to £10. Bought with the voucher so just paid shipping and the cost of Pacel Motel so about €7/8.

Highly recommend this as a Christmas present, people have started thinking of Lego as a boys toy but spacial awareness and logic are just as important for girls to learn. Besides, Lego is just the best toy ever anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ok, little bit of a dilemma that I'd appreciate some pointers on;

I was planning to purchase a Kindle and a tablet in the months up the Xmas; get one now, get one for Xmas.

From what I can see with this offer; I can get the Tab 2 for €150 and then use the €20 voucher against this Kindle;

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5011317/Trail/searchtext%3EKINDLE.htm

...making it €62 and thus €212 for both.

Would I be better getting the Nexus off iBood for €162 and waiting til Xmas for a Kindle or buy both now? Bearing in mind I only really want the Kindle for downloading books and nothing else. All browsing/streaming to be done on the tablet.

You're making it complicated. The Nexus is a much better tablet for 162 vs 130. Its a no brainer.

You'd only get the Samsung if you really want the MicroSD and need the tablet now. iBood take a while to deliver in my experience. Oh and if the €20 is a worthwhile saving for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Galaxy Tab 3 7" (white) is £139 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DPJ8H8K/ref=s9_hps_bw_g147_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0GVY5NDACG4E3RX3Y7GS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=420361187&pf_rd_i=429892031

See "More Buying Choices" on the right. Should be eligible for free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭Gerry T

beauf wrote: »
    You're making it complicated. The Nexus is a much better tablet for 162 vs 130. Its a no brainer.

You'd only get the Samsung if you really want the MicroSD and need the tablet now. iBood take a while to deliver in my experience. Oh and if the €20 is a worthwhile saving for you.

Do you have a link where the nexus 7 is 162 please ?

• Advertisement

Gerry T wrote: »
    Do you have a link where the nexus 7 is 162 please ?

Its in the same forum as this one

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057072584

It only worked yesterday. They were a bit sneaky they changed the description to "refurbished" last in the afternoon".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭Gerry T

beauf wrote: »
    Its in the same forum as this one

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057072584

It only worked yesterday. They were a bit sneaky they changed the description to "refurbished" last in the afternoon".

Thanks for that, did look a bit too good. Thinking of a Christmas present so can't have that all over the box !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Gerry T wrote: »
    Thanks for that, did look a bit too good. Thinking of a Christmas present so can't have that all over the box !

I reckon that you are better off getting the samsung in any case.

In terms of price versus capabilities its simple better value.

I own both btw and use both everyday - and I don't see a huge difference - not for the tasks that you typically use a tablet for anyways.

Its very easy to say 20 euro is no big deal - however - why pay more for something that does the same job.
    If you have the the extra 20 euro - I would put it towards an SD card - to expand the samsungs disk.

The new version of android probably won't be supported on the samsung - however I don't count that as a big deal - you are getting a top of the range (well top of the range last year at least !) 7 inch device at a budget tablet price.

The Samsung 2 7" has 4.2.2 (It think) on it. The current version is 4.3 so that's not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Got one in Argos Enniskillen today. £109.99 and a voucher for £20 back.

Great price.

Advertisement